Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are so many people jealous? ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

That people on PA?

Why are so many people mad because they have a job,and dont have to rely on people?

Why are people jealous that I have a special needs child who needs to be in my care 24/7 and him being in any one elses care is not an option?

I would so much rather not have a special needs child, and be able to wake up take him to daycare, go to work,interact with other adults, walk into the grocery store and pay with my debit card rather than my food stamp card. I would rather pay for my childs medical care out of pocket.

I dont understand why so many people get mad bc they work while others are on PA.

I HATE BEING ON PA.. Ihate not knowing if Ill be able to pay the electric or not.

ETA

I dont mean jealous literaly. To me sometimes it just seems that way because the same people (on and off of CM) are talking about how "nice"  it must be to not have to work and get everything for free.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Living on PA is not a life I am envious or jealous of. No thank you.
MilfShake26
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I'm sooooo not jealous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Im not saying YOU specifically are, but I see so many people griping about how they have to work, and have to do this why other people live free. And thats not the case, at all!

lovinglife0682
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe it is people who struggle to pay bills and buy groceries. I could somewhat see that. If we struggled to buy groceries and then saw some be able to without worries I may feel differently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Quoting MilfShake26:

I'm sooooo not jealous.

Im not saying you are. I just dont understand why so many people are always posting about how its not fair they have to work, ect ect ect. I would LOVE to work. I would LOVE to have a healthy child. I Would LOVE to pay for tihngs on my own. But bc thats not in my childs best interest as of right now, its not a choice I can make.

LovelyBugs
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Not jealous but it would help us out so much but we make too much...I hate having to decide between electric or food...but you are right just because some people are on PA doesn't mean they have it easy...some people just want something to bitch about and think that since a few mistreat PA that most do...sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Maybe it is people who struggle to pay bills and buy groceries. I could somewhat see that. If we struggled to buy groceries and then saw some be able to without worries I may feel differently.

Well I understand. I get a little bitter when I hear about people getting 500 dollars in food stamps for a family of 3, when we get 100, even though I have no job, Im a single mom. We get 100 because DS gets SSI, I applied for SSI because I was hoping I could put that back and pay for his therapies that his state insurance wont cover, but I cant because they took everything away. I know everyone has their own story, but Id rather struggle without PA than struggle WITH PA.

MilfShake26
I'm sure they would just rather have their husbands make more money than be on PA. But people always seem to want what they don't have. I hope things get better and u can return to work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MilfShake26:

I'm sooooo not jealous.

Im not saying you are. I just dont understand why so many people are always posting about how its not fair they have to work, ect ect ect. I would LOVE to work. I would LOVE to have a healthy child. I Would LOVE to pay for tihngs on my own. But bc thats not in my childs best interest as of right now, its not a choice I can make.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
Like I said I think it is those who are really struggling that say that. For us it would mean giving up so much, the home we own, savings, college funds etc. I would never think that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Im not saying YOU specifically are, but I see so many people griping about how they have to work, and have to do this why other people live free. And thats not the case, at all!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I have a chronically sick/ special needs child but we only recieve Medicaid/ SSI. I have never met another human being who was jealous of our situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN