Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are so many people jealous? ETA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That people on PA?

Why are so many people mad because they have a job,and dont have to rely on people?

Why are people jealous that I have a special needs child who needs to be in my care 24/7 and him being in any one elses care is not an option?

I would so much rather not have a special needs child, and be able to wake up take him to daycare, go to work,interact with other adults, walk into the grocery store and pay with my debit card rather than my food stamp card. I would rather pay for my childs medical care out of pocket.

I dont understand why so many people get mad bc they work while others are on PA.

I HATE BEING ON PA.. Ihate not knowing if Ill be able to pay the electric or not.

ETA

I dont mean jealous literaly. To me sometimes it just seems that way because the same people (on and off of CM) are talking about how "nice"  it must be to not have to work and get everything for free.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Replies (51-54):
mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Well I'm not jealous. I'm not a pa basher either but I just have to say that I have a special needs child who needs extensive medical care. And..I go to work and I pay his expenses out of pocket. You act as if you have no choice but I'm walking proof that there are choices. It is just not always the easiest one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Quoting mommasbabies77:

Well I'm not jealous. I'm not a pa basher either but I just have to say that I have a special needs child who needs extensive medical care. And..I go to work and I pay his expenses out of pocket. You act as if you have no choice but I'm walking proof that there are choices. It is just not always the easiest one.

And I also see that you have a husband, and more than likely other supposrt systems. Everyones circumstances are different.

Limited resources from living in smaller communities

lack of jobs willing to work with circumstances 

and the list goes on and on and on.

limited child care centers

My community of 2,000 people JUST now opened a child cared care center, and I would LOVE to utilize that, however, there are no jobs that are open during their hours. The only support system I have are my 74 year old grandparents who can not care for my son 8+hours a day or night while I work.  We have 3 other home daycares in the area. The nearest city that has more oppurtunity is 45 minutes away. So driving there everyday for work/daycare is not an option either.

Don't say you are walking proof of anything, for your circumstances seem to be  entirely different than mine.

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

First off..yes I have a husband.  And that's all. A husband and my kids.  I have a job that I bought a car with so that we don't have to rely on other people.  I don't care that you seem to feel like you have no choices and a part of me has sympathy for you. But I'm out here working my ass off trying to make sure my son has his needed medical supplies and I can't get any kind of help.  I work but I couldn't when my kids were little and you know what I did? I went online and worked kgb and chacha to make money so that I could buy food.  You have no idea what I have been through but guess what? My dh and I have no support system. We have each other not even a grandparent to help. Stay on Pa do what you think you have to do..but don't pretend you have no options..honey because there are always options.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mommasbabies77:

And I also see that you have a husband, and more than likely other supposrt systems. Everyones circumstances are different.

Limited resources from living in smaller communities

lack of jobs willing to work with circumstances 

and the list goes on and on and on.

limited child care centers

My community of 2,000 people JUST now opened a child cared care center, and I would LOVE to utilize that, however, there are no jobs that are open during their hours. The only support system I have are my 74 year old grandparents who can not care for my son 8+hours a day or night while I work.  We have 3 other home daycares in the area. The nearest city that has more oppurtunity is 45 minutes away. So driving there everyday for work/daycare is not an option either.

Don't say you are walking proof of anything, for your circumstances seem to be  entirely different than mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM
It's not jealousy, you moron. This isn't highschool. People aren't "hating" and you don't get "haters."

People dislike others on PA because 1. they have a difference of opinion or 2. They have never been on it themselves and do not understand the need for it AND 3. MOST people on PA take advantage of it. And that is well known.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)