Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you find God?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Replies (41-50):
jordynsmom08
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Amen!

Quoting Bgbd:

Find Him? Hes always been right there beside me

What brought me to that realization is looking back over my life there is NO WAY I would or could have survived without God. You can quote me or bash me, He is real and you will never convince me otherwise.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM
You find Him on your knees in a moment when you have no other means of survival. Until that happens, you don't fully believe in all His glory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-t3984
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM
God is always there,you just have to believe,and open your heart. There are so many scriptures you can read. Read Matthew,Chapter7, Verse7-9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM

i think he is always there with arms stretched out waiting for you...

ask and ye shall receive.

try praying and telling him exactly what you want/think/feel. He will do the rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
He's missing again!? Geez, maybe he doesn't want to be found. I don't blame him. Many of his fans are nut jobs......poor guy.
_BrittniLaShay
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Through his word
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KZEE30
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

he was never was never lost... all you have to do is reach out and touch him=) I kid. For me it has been an ongoing relashioship of aknowledging all that he is and every thing he gives me for no better reason but because he loves Me!!!

virtuousdiva7
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Just believe in Him, He is always there...go to church or you could watch Joyce Meyer on tv or download her podcasts...she is a wonderful teacher...and she has a powerful testimony, you can do a search of her sermons on youtube :-)
etanert
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I still struggle with this question from time to time in my life. I grew up in a religious family. Every Sunday we went to church. My Grandma was one of the most religious people I knew. If you wanted to know how the Spirit of the Lord worked, all you had to do was look at my Grandma. She always had a peace about her that was wonderful. She was always happy, never upset and looked toward the brighter things in a bad time. She was just always at peace and I never knew why, not until I was older anyway. When I was little of course I believed in God. I went to church they sang, prayed and talked about him all the time so of course I believed. As I got older that changed. In high school I still went to church but never "felt" the Lord like everyone else did. I was always just sitting there singing with the songs and bowing my head to pray and listening to the sermon. My senior year of high school I attended YoungLife which is a Christian group that helps young people find the Lord but not in a church setting. It's also college students who are the teachers. We would meet at people's houses at random times and goof off and hang out. We talked about the Lord the way we knew how and asked questions only a high schooler knew how to. Who was He, what was He, how does He do everything? The counselors talked to us as high schoolers (because that's what we were) and everything they were telling us was soo much easier to understand. I never understood what they were saying and talking about at my church but finally with YoungLife I did. I attended the weeklong camp they held that summer and still searched and searched for God. I knew the history, I knew the Bible, I knew what He wanted from me, I knew about Jesus and the sacrifice he made for me. I knew all the logical things but I still didn't "feel" it. I always thought of my Grandma and how she had Jesus and God in her heart. You could always tell by looking at her that she "felt" at peace. I never asked her about it though because I still wasn't ready to understand. That week at YoungLife camp I understood more and more about the logical reasons He is always present in my life. I still never understood my part about it. I ended up getting married a few years after high school. My husbad would attend church with me but he's not a big believer and that's ok. I don't remember exactly when I finally understood what is was about God. I remember watching the movie "Fireproof" and the scene were the father is talking about God's love for us it finally hit me. I had to open up my heart to him. I had to acknowledge that he is my Creator and Father in Heaven. I had to ask for forgiveness for not being worthy of him. I also had to ask for understanding. I am still learning how to be a child of God. It's rough. Some days I don't think He is here. Some days I still wonder if there really is someone up in the sky looking down on me and watching me and listening to me when I pray. I have to ask for Faith. It's hard some days to really and truly believe that God is up there. Some people think it's silly to believe in some invisible man in the sky. Of course scientists have their theories. My opinion on that one is they wouldn't have their theories if God didn't create something to have a theory on. I'm still working on understanding Him the way he wants me to understand him. That's where the Faith comes in. I have to have Faith he will answer my prayers for me. It may not be the way I want but eventually that prayer will have been answered, even if it wasn't how I wanted it answered. I have to trust Him that He knows what is good for me. I have to have Faith that he knows my plan for my life and Trust him with that life and the life of my children. That's a HUGE thing to give to someone, all of your Faith and Trust completly and 100%. I struggle a lot but I try and talk to him like he's sitting in the room with me when I'm alone and ask questions and tell him why I'm struggling. Then something always happens that gives me that faith and make me feel stupid for doubting even a little bit. It could be something like one of my children learning a new thing I didn't teach them. It could be watching a kind gesture from another human being, anything really. After I had that realization I finally understood why my Grandma was always so happy and at peace with everything. She had the Lord in her heart and knew her life was going to be taken care of no matter what. There isn't a strict list or rules to finding God. You come to him in your own time. I haven't been to church in a really long time (thank to moving overseas) but that doens't mean I don't believe in God. I have him around me all the time so I can talk to him any time I want, not just in church on Sunday. When you finally understand all that he wants from you and you are ready to give your heart to him completly and 100% whole, that's when you'll find God. It will probably be when you least expect it but when you most need Him. I didn't mean to go on a long and rambling reply but I wanted to give you my story and tell you that it's not just about going to church on Sunday and reading the Bible. It's about opening your heart and accepting him there. Feel free to message me if you want too and chat more. I swear I'm not a religious nut but that's my story on how I found my God. My life is much better for it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Thank you ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN