Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my kids have NEVER...

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM
  • 156 Replies

son will be 20 next month and daughter will be 9 next month... neither of them have ever had a broken bone or stitches! i just find it very odd! their dad and i both sure had i share! lmao!

i dont think i am over protective (daughter has been going up on roof with her dad since she was 3ish, climbs trees, attempts flips and cartwheels etc). son rough houses with friends and does other stupid boy stuff (oh and is in the army).

have you kids had broken bones and/or stitches? what from?

have you ever had either? if so what from?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:00 AM

No broken bones or stitches (6, 4 and 18 months).
I broke my wrist when I was 5.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Not yet. *fingers crossed*

3 year old daughter, 2 year old son, and 7 week old son. 

I never broke a bone but I've had stitches a few times. Mostly with surgeries but once a glass broke in the ice maker and I needed stitches in my finger because of it. 

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Neither. But they're two and six months lol.
I've had both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Incredible
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I broke my first bone at 28 and I've never had stiches. My 7yo has already had a broken bone and my 4yo has had a set of staples. LOL. 

HollieMariex3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Not yet, hopefully I'm not jinxing them though lol. They're still very young though, 3, almost 20 months and 7 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OutlawMUA
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM

one broken bone each on the older two, that's it.

(DD hit a door while mad, fractured her knuckle/finger [boxer's fracture], DS broke his arm roughhousing with DD, she fell on top of him and it broke)

Char-Bear
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM
My 16 yo has never had a broken bone or stitches. I have however...most recently(Nov)broke my ankle so bad it required surgery complete with a plate and a bunch of screws. Months in boot, non weight bearing, no exercise that was fun. Oh and did I mention my little one was only 5 months old when it happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:03 AM
Nothing. Yet.

I'm almost 25 though and never had stitches or a broken bone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLS2388

I wouldn't say that is too abnormal, I know many people who are adults who have never had either. My kids are 5 1/2 and 6 months, neither have had either. Out of 3 siblings, I am the one who has ever broken a bone OR had stitches (broke both wrists at different times and had stitches twice) neither of my brothers have had either (though my 19 year old brother has dislocated his shoulder). The 12 year old has not had any major accident.

mommac10

I am 29 and I have never had a broken bone and only staples from my c-sections. I guess I am odd too. lol

My dd is almost 11 and my ds is almost 7 and neither one of them have had a broken bone or stitches. I hope they have the same luck I have had!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured