Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my kids have NEVER...

Posted by   + Show Post

son will be 20 next month and daughter will be 9 next month... neither of them have ever had a broken bone or stitches! i just find it very odd! their dad and i both sure had i share! lmao!

i dont think i am over protective (daughter has been going up on roof with her dad since she was 3ish, climbs trees, attempts flips and cartwheels etc). son rough houses with friends and does other stupid boy stuff (oh and is in the army).

have you kids had broken bones and/or stitches? what from?

have you ever had either? if so what from?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Replies (111-120):
Bri060492
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

No broken bones or stitches for my 4 year old yet -knocks on wood-

I'm a different story.

Babujai
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM

The worst injury my kids ever had was a dislocated elbow.

I've never broken a bone and neither has my husband, which is strange since he played a lot of rough sports as a child.  We've both had stitches though...him from a variety of play related incidences...me from stepping on a can once and from being punched in the mouth by an ex.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM
My 8 year old has never had a broken bone or stitches.

My 4 year old has never had a broken bone but she did have to have her nose glued back together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
I broke my collar bone in a car accident when I was about 10. I have had stitches in my forehead from falling on a table as a toddler.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM

lol, I'm the opposite.  3/4 of my kids have had broken bones or stitches (none of them have had both).  The only stitches I've had was from having them.  I've had no broken bones.  DH has had everything too.

kid 1-broke his arm falling out of a tree (well, when he was swinging from branch to branch like a monkey, he missed a branch & went sailing to the ground) 

kid2-stitches in forehead from getting pushed in to the heating vent fighting over broccoli with ds1

kid3-stitches in head after falling off pool table

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM
DD is 5 , DS is 1½ and never been to the er with either one of them, no broken bones or anything. But that being said ..... my son has no fear what so ever, jumps off the couch.... does all sorts of things his sister doesn't do. He might be my child that I'll have to take in. I have never broken a bone, but I did have to get a staple in my head cause I cut it open. Dh has never broken a bone bit had to get stitches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:13 AM

My kids are 13, 6 and 4 and SO FAR to the very second (not jinxing myself lol) no one has had any serious injuries. 

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Oldest son (16) - nothing

Daughter (11) - broken wrist at 5, broken collar bone at 6

Youngest son (9) - nothing

Me and hubby - nothing

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM
My boys are 18, 17, 13, and 9.

My 17 year old broke his collar bone at 10 months old.

My 18 year old had to get staples in his head when he was 7 or 8 because he dropped a metal hand weight on his head.

My 17 year old had stitches in his forehead at 6 because he fell and his head hit a rock at the babysitters.

My 13 year old fell when he was about 6 because he slipped and hit the fireplace hearth.

The 13 year old has also had stitches from heart surgeries, but that doesn't really count.

Those are the only things I can think of. It doesn't count the times the lacerations were held by medical glue and steri-strips though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I broke my wrist rollerblading when I was 10. Had stitches in my chin when my mom pushed me into the corner of a coffee table. Stitches in my leg when I fell in a hole and caught my leg on the side of a trailer. Stitches in my foot when I stepped on a light socket. 

My 4 year old got stitches in his wrist when he was 2. He pulled a heavy mirror on top of himself and it shattered. 

My 2 year old hasn't had stitches. 

Neither have had broken bones. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)