Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my kids have NEVER...

Posted by   + Show Post

son will be 20 next month and daughter will be 9 next month... neither of them have ever had a broken bone or stitches! i just find it very odd! their dad and i both sure had i share! lmao!

i dont think i am over protective (daughter has been going up on roof with her dad since she was 3ish, climbs trees, attempts flips and cartwheels etc). son rough houses with friends and does other stupid boy stuff (oh and is in the army).

have you kids had broken bones and/or stitches? what from?

have you ever had either? if so what from?

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM
Replies (131-140):
PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:51 PM
I've never broken a bone and have only had stitches and staples from my csections. I was even a daredevil kid, broke horses as a teen, and grew up on dirtbikes and 4 wheelers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Dh, myself, dd1, dd2, and ds have never had a broken bone - until this April.  That's a good 43 year stretch.

Dh had stitches in foot for dropping a brick on it and stitches in a knee from a chainsaw accident.  I have had stitches only from surgeries.  Dd1 had stitches from a knee surgery and in her chin from a fall at 4 years old.  Dd2 has had nothing.  Ds had stitches from a dog bite in his upper lip at age 3, stitches from an appendectomy and a broken foot at age 12.

Really not bad for so much activity.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Does the ER send her birthday cards (you know, because she's such a good customer)?

Quoting kiddycat73:

My middle DD is so accident prone...takes after me lol! At 3, she had to get staples in her head from trying to climb on the washe.

3 months later, she was playing just outside the screen door with my DS when my (ex) DH went in to grab the burgers he was going to grill. When he came out she was screaming and there was blood everywhere...apparently she decided it would be a good idea to smash a rock on the ground, but she didn't move her other hand, and smashed her index finger so hard with the rock that it nearly severed it at the first joint.

When she was 6, she decided to play tightrope walker on her headboard...wearing socks...of course she slipped. She fell hard, straddling the headboard, and it tore her urinary meatus. No stitches, but more blood than you could possibly imagine!! And an investigation by CPS in the hospital until the dr assured them that this is a common injury in girls, usually caused by a bicycle. I think the triage nurse must have called them.

When she was 9 she fell off her Ripstick and broke her wrist.

And last year, at age 11, she fell out of a tree and broke and dislocated her elbow.

My other 2 aren't nearly as bad lol!

My DS fell off his bike and broke his elbow when he was 11, and that's it for him, and my younger DD has never had a serious injury.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

My daughters have both had stitches and the younger had a broken bone. Neither of my sons has had either so far.

Oldest DD got her nose cut open by a knife that my ex had left sitting on the counter when she was 2 years old. She tried to grab it and aparently it fell and slashed her nose open. She got two stitches from it.

Younger DD broke her finger and nearly amputated it last summer. I was cleaning out the van and she was with me. She closed the slider door while my back was turned and got her finger caught in it. It broke the tipof her finger and cut about 75% of the way through. We got her to the hospital and they stitched it back on. You can hardly see the scar from it now.

Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I am 20 and never had either. My ds is only 16 months lol so he hasn't either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saltyalley1227
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I haven't either I'm 23!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I never went to hospital until last year ( at 20 almost 21) years old. Never had to get stitches before my surgery and I still never broken a bone. Just say yay to no hospital bills haha. 

katiebug840204
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I didn't ever break a bone till I was 26. (I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my foot and ankle). I have never had stitches. My kids are 9, 8 and 4 and have never had either either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I have a 5 and 3 year old no stitches or broken bones...that's odd? I broke my ankle at 12 and they set it wrong so I have broken it 3 more times since then.  I have had surgery that resulted in stitches when I was 8.

.not.angel.
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM

My daughter has stitches in her head right now.

I should have had a ton when I was a kid, but didn't. I broke my arm when I was 10.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)