Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is Shades of gray so popular right now?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't read so if you tell me about it is ok.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Replies (61-70):
kaitlynherring
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Send them to me please. :)

Quoting mommix5:

Oh ya if anyone wants all 3 books I can send them to u via email . Another cafe mom sent them to me .

HelloSweetie
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I did NOT know 50 Shades was a Twilight fan-fic. I loathe Twilight and I don't mind 50 Shades. I can't see any resembelence between the two stories at all. How odd.

KittenKrump
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I know. I've been reading erotic novels since I was 12 and Shades of Gray is nowhere near as good as many I've read. Just because they are romance/erotic doesn't mean you have to sell yourself short on the writing style. That's the same reason I won't touch Twilight with a ten foot pole, I don't want an empty shell of a female lead that I can just slip into, I want a real character, one I feel for and one I can root for.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because most women have never read an erotic novel and think its a new concept. Oh and from what I've read many are using it to spice up their lack luster sex lives. I'm shocked by the number of women who claim that this one book has saved their marriage and their sex lives.

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM
You can send them to me!

Quoting mommix5:

Oh ya if anyone wants all 3 books I can send them to u via email . Another cafe mom sent them to me .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I heard they suck but sure! Lol
I need something to fill my time on bed rest

Quoting mommix5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommix5
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Hey mamas send me ur emails and I will send u them :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elleinady
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Because the general public has no taste.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenniferOmaha
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
This is such a B.S. answer that has been repeated as much as the sex scenes in the series. I have a fantastic sex life. The sex scenes in the book really do nothing for me, its the story line that I am enjoying.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

Because women are so desperate for a decent sex life they think the shitty no foreplay havin slightly kinky sex is a HUGE turn on. That it will magically change their lives inside and out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatieLeigh1984
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I tried to read it, but I agree that it was nothing exciting for me. What happens between my husband and myself is way better than anything in that book.

Quoting cherrywaves21:

That book was damn lame and pathetic in the sex department. The kinkiest part was the spankings. That was "vanilla" kinky.

MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Fistandantalus
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Because it is a glorious train wreck of maladaptive relationship dynamics written by a case of arrested emotional development in a derivative literary style reminiscient of high school diaries. In short, it's the worst trash ever written and nobody can resist that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN