Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does everyone think about this?

Posted by   + Show Post

When I first got pregnant I was 16. It was a shock to my father and it just made my SO's parents angry (of course). Two weeks before we found out I was pregnant my SO bought a CRAPPY, $200.00, small S-10 pickup. It had been driven into a lake and the owner could not get it to work, hence the price. My SO's father is a mechanic so he fixed it just enough to halfway run. When it idled (most cars are quiet) this truck sounded like my So was revving it as hard as he could. It would also turn off after it idled, like at busy intersection we would have had to wait for a red light and when it turned green and we started to move foward it would turn off and take several tries to get it back on.

When we found out that I was pregnant we bought a carseat and tried to put it in the truck but it was too small! The dash boad kept the top of the car seat from clicking into the bottom. Even if we had somehow gotten it to fit (impossable) htere was only room for the driver and the car seat so if we all had to go somewhere we were screwed.The stupid truck finally breaks down for good about 2 months before mydue date. 

You know what the So's parents do? They buy their son, my SO's younger brother, a car for senior year. We asked them why and they asked what was wrong with my SO's truck. Which we told them several times what was wrong with it adn they knew good and well that it was broken down because they kept asking us when we were going to take it to the junk yard. So his younger brother gets a $1,200.00 NICE car for senior year just because he wants it and us, who were expecting a baby gets nothing.

It has been 2 1/2 years since then and we have had another baby also. In that time they have bought 1 brand new van, it blew a headgasket so they bought another brand new van. They also have bought two new cars for the SO's father. One to get him to work but the SO's younger sister wrecked it so they bought him a newer car. About a month ago, against the SO's parent's wishes my SO's brother sells the car they bought him and they helped him buy another, more expensive one! Then to top it all off yesterday night they go and buy the same sister that crashed the SO's father's car, her OWN car because she has a part time summer job.

Meanwhile we have had to struggle with finding a job within walking distance, which is extremely hard. We were having his friends take him to work when he worked too far from home be he constantly made my SO late and he was fired because of it. The SO has worked at most places nearby there are only about 5 more places that he hasnt worked. He wants to get a factory job that will pay more it is way too far to walk and we dont want to rely on anyone to get him to work. I am currently getting my GED so I can also get a job but it will be a couple months before I am done. We could do so much more with our kids if we had a car. We could enroll them in dance and swimming classes at the YMCA and take them to parks and things like that if we had a car.

I know it sounds whiney but to me and everyone I ask they say it is stupid and we should disown them, It is their money and they can do what they want with it but really? 

*Edit my SO graduated high school a year before his younger brother, with good grades and he didnt get a car. Plus his younger brother hadent even graduated yet. He got it to drive to his senior year. I got pregnant again because the birth control I was taking didnt work. I made sure I took it every day because I did NOT want another baby but I got pregnant anyway.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Okay, they bought the brother a NICE car for $1200?? Really? And I'm from Indiana, and you can't find ANY nice cars for $1200.... Maybe you meant $12000?? That's more believable...

Now I'm kind of partial to the parents, because your SO gets you knocked up, and that is never music to a parent's ears.. but their other son graduates, and appears to be on the right track, so why wouldn't they reward him with something nice? Your SO had some growing up to do. Obviously. Becoming a father comes with great responsibility. He should work for his stuff, even if it is a vehicle!

MomsRule723
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with PPs.  After two kids,  you all should figure it out on your own.  His parents aren't  obligated to do crap for you guys.  People are usually more willing to help people that are trying to help themselves instead of complaining on how they aren't getting their share. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to parenthood, it is no longer about you, and you are no longer your parents problem. You are old enough to play house and keep having babies, you are old enough to figure out how to support yourself. It is their money and they have no obligations to you. Also, i would have bought my other kid a car too. At least he didnt get some girl knocked up while he was in high school...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I only got to "have had another baby too" and stopped. Quit having kids. W. T. F. I don't understand why they owe you free shit? I'm confused. He graduated high school he deserved a car. All you did was fuck around and play house. And you expect someone to reward that behavior. Lifes a bitch. Fix it. Lol I'm sorry to be so mean. But seriously. Disown them? If I were them I would disown you guys for threatening to disown someone else for shit like this. Spoiled brats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

This exactly...

Quoting lovemystinky:

Lol, wtf.

They don't owe you shit. You're both able, be willing. Do it yourself. Get a loan, lease, wtfever.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
A NICE car for $1,200?
O.o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Not their job to provide your family with a car. As a family its you and your dh job to get yourselves a car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I think you should have thought about all this before jumping aboard the mommyhood train. 

littlelimom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Welcome to life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Honestly it is not their job to get you a car its yours. You are both adults you have to take care of your own things. Maybe you should have not had another child so fast and saved up for a car. Do any of his siblings have children? If not then maybe they are getting them cars because they waited to have kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)