Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 1851 Replies
46 moms liked this

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElitestJen
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM
4 moms liked this
Ouch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happinessforyou
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Not so much.....

Wendykay1
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM
57 moms liked this
Once when i had just finished shopping and was putting my groceries in my car a young woman came up to me with her daughter (im guessing around 4 / 5yrs old) and asked if I could give her a few bucks so she could give buy her daughter mcdonalds. I told her no but that I would be happy to purchase her some groceries at the store. I was struggling at the time but was willing to help her out.

The lady said fu I want the cash. I told her I couldn't help her out then. as they walked away the lady flipped me off and her daughter did the same.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:39 PM
13 moms liked this

Quoting Wendykay1:

Once when i had just finished shopping and was putting my groceries in my car a young woman came up to me with her daughter (im guessing around 4 / 5yrs old) and asked if I could give her a few bucks so she could give buy her daughter mcdonalds. I told her no but that I would be happy to purchase her some groceries at the store. I was struggling at the time but was willing to help her out.

The lady said fu I want the cash. I told her I couldn't help her out then. as they walked away the lady flipped me off and her daughter did the same.

LOL nice lesson to teach her kid!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
46 moms liked this
Sorry about that. I was having a rough afternoon.

Quoting Wendykay1:

doodlebut
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
737 moms liked this
She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamadrama15
by Vmama on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Wow that is absolutely terrible! 

Quoting Wendykay1:

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM
335 moms liked this
Poor, hungry kids. If people only helped out on THEIR terms, nobody would help anybody. Sounds snobby to me....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:43 PM
5 moms liked this

o.0

so sad

Mommavieve
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Wow

Quoting Wendykay1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)