Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
KME3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM
34 moms liked this
Did you see who the OP is? She IS a snob

Quoting itzmyzoo:

Poor, hungry kids. If people only helped out on THEIR terms, nobody would help anybody. Sounds snobby to me....
Mommavieve
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM
31 moms liked this
You could've given her some of your groceries and gone back to get more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MFCsarah
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM
21 moms liked this

I had a young mom ask me for money for food for her daughter one night in front of Walmart. Her daughter was with her in a stroller and it was really windy out. I didn't have anything to spare and wished her the best. As she walked away she lit up a cigarette. I used to smoke, if my daughter needed food I would not have cigarettes.... I feel bad for the children whose parents do not do what is best for them.

sunshinebebe26
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you see who the OP is? She IS a snob

Quoting itzmyzoo:

Poor, hungry kids. If people only helped out on THEIR terms, nobody would help anybody. Sounds snobby to me....

RIGHT!!!!!!

mommy3Ds
83 moms liked this
I help a lot at work when kids come in and dont have enough. This little boy came in one day and got him self a lunchable, salad, banana, and water. He was 2 dollars short he started to tear up and say oh ill put the lunchable up my mommy is prrgnant and needs to eat healthy so my sissy can be big and strong i couldnt help but pay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this
I probably would have offered her some of my stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
87 moms liked this

Um, I'm a health food nut but I still would have paid for her.  Kinda sad that you're only charitable if they meet your expectations for what they should eat, imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Well my sister hung up on me and so we talked about pedicures tomorrow hopefully that will helps us chill out im so tired of the constand fighting like really

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
105 moms liked this

I was going to say what a nice thing to do...till I realized what a judgemental cow you are.

(37 likes and counting! Do I get some kind of award :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN