Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (1811-1820):
KitT.Kat
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:09 PM

LMAO, egg whites are not full of carbs.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Egg white is full of carbs. I only ate eggs every other day when I was pregnant, and I don't even care for ham. it's too salty, which, when you're a diabetic while pregnant, you also have to watch your salt intake.

She's stupid because of her attitude if it's not for the fucking eggs and ham lmfao. They ARE carb foods, and I don't know why it's so important to argue over them lmao. I think it's hilarious. She thinks I'm stupid too, but at least I would pay for groceries, no matter what was in the cart. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

the comment about her being rude and uncaring had nothing to do with her fighting about the eggs and ham. Although, I don't agree with her choice of not helping, She is NOT UNINTELLIGENT in this case= Eggs and Ham do NOT have carbs. They are protein foods. Diabetics have to watch carbohydrates and if you were diabetic then you were allowed to eat ham and eggs. 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Ikr? She's rude, uncaring AND unintelligent! She's been arguing with me all morning about eggs and ham lol. She won't buy this poor woman groceries but will feed her kids heart attack.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad you are proud of being rude and uncaring.

I often care too much.

There was an elderly lady at the store the other day. Her bank card was denied. So she paid with food stamps, but the food stamps wouldn't cover her cigarettes. She had no money. She only owed just over $5.

It was a scene for her trying to get her stuff paid for. I was 3 people back from her. I felt horrible for her. I walked up to the register and handed the cashier $6, then I got back in line.

I know cigarettes are horrible for you. I don't smoke. So what. I felt sad inside for this old lady.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:13 PM
O.o

This must be why LOW carb diets only allow egg whites .......

Do you read labels ??

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Egg white is full of carbs. I only ate eggs every other day when I was pregnant, and I don't even care for ham. it's too salty, which, when you're a diabetic while pregnant, you also have to watch your salt intake.

She's stupid because of her attitude if it's not for the fucking eggs and ham lmfao. They ARE carb foods, and I don't know why it's so important to argue over them lmao. I think it's hilarious. She thinks I'm stupid too, but at least I would pay for groceries, no matter what was in the cart. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

the comment about her being rude and uncaring had nothing to do with her fighting about the eggs and ham. Although, I don't agree with her choice of not helping, She is NOT UNINTELLIGENT in this case= Eggs and Ham do NOT have carbs. They are protein foods. Diabetics have to watch carbohydrates and if you were diabetic then you were allowed to eat ham and eggs. 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Ikr? She's rude, uncaring AND unintelligent! She's been arguing with me all morning about eggs and ham lol. She won't buy this poor woman groceries but will feed her kids heart attack.

Quoting Anonymous:

I often care too much.

There was an elderly lady at the store the other day. Her bank card was denied. So she paid with food stamps, but the food stamps wouldn't cover her cigarettes. She had no money. She only owed just over $5.

It was a scene for her trying to get her stuff paid for. I was 3 people back from her. I felt horrible for her. I walked up to the register and handed the cashier $6, then I got back in line.

I know cigarettes are horrible for you. I don't smoke. So what. I felt sad inside for this old lady.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I think they are fighting with you because you are saying eggs are full of carbs and saying they are just as bad as chips and candy.

But the fact is that  you are wrong. I have been a nutritionalist within social services for over ten years. Eggs are in fact a good source of protien and do not have anywhere close to the amount of carbohydrates that are found in potato chips. They are not considered CARB foods as you are assuming they are. So unfortunetly you are showing that you are ignorant about the nutritional facts conserning eggs. The first lady you started fighting with was fairly correct. \

Yes, ham is usually salty depending on how it is prepared. But can have less sodium than what would be found in the soda and chip combination.  

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

I often care too much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Maybe she was hosting a wedding?
MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:28 PM

They're not fighting with me, they're just being twats lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think they are fighting with you because you are saying eggs are full of carbs and saying they are just as bad as chips and candy.

But the fact is that  you are wrong. I have been a nutritionalist within social services for over ten years. Eggs are in fact a good source of protien and do not have anywhere close to the amount of carbohydrates that are found in potato chips. They are not considered CARB foods as you are assuming they are. So unfortunetly you are showing that you are ignorant about the nutritional facts conserning eggs. The first lady you started fighting with was fairly correct. \

Yes, ham is usually salty depending on how it is prepared. But can have less sodium than what would be found in the soda and chip combination.  

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

I often care too much.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Eggs aren't a big deal anyway, lmfao. We barely eat them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM

She wasn't really justifying her response. It is a fact that eggs are protein and not a carb food. 

So... yeah, you are kinda stupid! She wasn't really even rude in her fyi that she gave you, but you were a bitch back! Such class!!!!

and just so you know, this wasn't months ago, only 15 days ago! apparently you can't do math either!

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not stupid, I just choose not to eat something and justify it the way the other woman is. And again, why did you revive this post with your bitchy attitude? It was dead months ago. You guys nut be extremely bored. Go feed your diabetic kids more carb food instead of arguing with me about it lol. Go ahead and make the spin off! It only makes you look more attention starved.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Im not worked up im finding it amusing that you are so stupid.  LOL

Eggs are healthy.  So is ham, in moderation most foods are healthy.  Eggs are not greasy nor carby.  they are a healthy choice for diabetics.  Holy shit lady im amazed your kids are alive and you are able to nourish them properly!!!  You should print this out and show your pediatrician.  She may help you with some meal planning.  

Im tempted to spin off my own post to LOL with everyone else at how ignorant you are.   You are super fun! 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LOL dont get so worked up over my reply, or youll be a mother with high blood pressure issues.

Relax mom, i know eggs and ham are bad for diabetics. I had to cut out greasy carby food when I was pregnant. I had gestational diabetes.

All this because of eggs and ham lmfao. Seriously?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

are you on drugs or something?

I ignored the first stupid post but then you bashed her like she was ignorant.  It was goofy.

I know not from google but from being a mother to 2  type 1 diabetic kids for 17 years.  I know the carbs in nearly every food on earth just because it means life or death to my kids.  Nut job... here is a tip, dont be dumb.  if someone tells you some facts, dont argue unless you actually know.  

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Lol Ok, whatever you say. Google is telling you that eggs and ham is hardly carby? Wow. What's next? You're gonna wiki something like when does life begin and tell me because Wikipedia told you so?

Kay. I get it.

Ps - why are you even trying to argue something that was active a month ago? LOL happy hour of power for drama starts early on Wednesday's, I see.

I can't blame the OP for not helping.

Quoting doodlebut:

She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Yep. We usually don't buy starchy/carby foods though.

Quoting Anonymous:

O.o

This must be why LOW carb diets only allow egg whites .......

Do you read labels ??

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

I often care too much.

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM

LMAO. And I was told I have too much time on my hands.

I don't really give a shit what you believe.

Quoting Anonymous:

She wasn't really justifying her response. It is a fact that eggs are protein and not a carb food. 

So... yeah, you are kinda stupid! She wasn't really even rude in her fyi that she gave you, but you were a bitch back! Such class!!!!

and just so you know, this wasn't months ago, only 15 days ago! apparently you can't do math either!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Can I ask how you feel they are being twats?

This girl only told you the truth after you bashed her and did it without calling you names... You are an idiot. 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

They're not fighting with me, they're just being twats lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

I often care too much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)