Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (1831-1840):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 166 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Im not the idiot. you are the one saying that eggs are loaded in carbs! 

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/112/2

Maybe you should read before you call other people names.

Plus, by the looks of it, there are several people calling you an idiot

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

What's your SN? Are you too afraid to call me an idiot under it or what?

Ahhh, I get it. Don't wanna get reported because you're mad over eggs. LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous:

you are an idiot. you are bashing people over something you are too ignorant to admit you are wrong on. that is just a bitchy thing to do! 

Just look it up and admit you are wrong. you just look stupid

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LMFAO. I think this is fucking awesome! I'm an idiot because ya'll are so obsessed with talking about health info on goddamn eggs.

And I'M the idiot. SMH. LMAO!

Quoting Anonymous:

Can I ask how you feel they are being twats?

This girl only told you the truth after you bashed her and did it without calling you names... You are an idiot. 

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Omg yall still on this post?? Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Why would I show my pediatrician, who is, male BTW (Haha, now who's fucking stupid??) when my son doesn't even like eggs?

I don't care if you think I'm wrong. Eggs are not better to eat than chips and candy. ANYTHING fried and greasy.

BTW, did you specify whether these so called eggs and ham were fried? LOL. If you're talking about mixing them in with pancakes or boiling them, then yes, I can see your point, but the whole time, I was assuming she's talking about fried eggs and ham.

So no, not stupid. You guys are though, for relentlessly not giving it up, lmao.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! That would be an awesome spin off. Mainly because people cant admit they are wrong. I even saw a nutrition lady write her and she didn't respond. She must have looked it up and saw she was wrong. 

she really should show her pedi... maybe they could send her to a food class!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Im not worked up im finding it amusing that you are so stupid.  LOL

Eggs are healthy.  So is ham, in moderation most foods are healthy.  Eggs are not greasy nor carby.  they are a healthy choice for diabetics.  Holy shit lady im amazed your kids are alive and you are able to nourish them properly!!!  You should print this out and show your pediatrician.  She may help you with some meal planning.  

Im tempted to spin off my own post to LOL with everyone else at how ignorant you are.   You are super fun! 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LOL dont get so worked up over my reply, or youll be a mother with high blood pressure issues.

Relax mom, i know eggs and ham are bad for diabetics. I had to cut out greasy carby food when I was pregnant. I had gestational diabetes.

All this because of eggs and ham lmfao. Seriously?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

are you on drugs or something?

I ignored the first stupid post but then you bashed her like she was ignorant.  It was goofy.

I know not from google but from being a mother to 2  type 1 diabetic kids for 17 years.  I know the carbs in nearly every food on earth just because it means life or death to my kids.  Nut job... here is a tip, dont be dumb.  if someone tells you some facts, dont argue unless you actually know.  

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Lol Ok, whatever you say. Google is telling you that eggs and ham is hardly carby? Wow. What's next? You're gonna wiki something like when does life begin and tell me because Wikipedia told you so?

Kay. I get it.

Ps - why are you even trying to argue something that was active a month ago? LOL happy hour of power for drama starts early on Wednesday's, I see.

I can't blame the OP for not helping.

Quoting doodlebut:

She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Its spun off in a rather amusing direction.  Some brain surgeon here is teaching us about nutrition. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 219 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM
How do we know the kids hadn't really eaten all day. How many people stand in line talking so others can hear them about how they haven't eaten all day? Idk. Maybe they hadn't and I feel bad for them but at the same time how do we know the mom wasn't pulling something and using her kids as a ploy.
MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Okay okaaaaaaay, I'll look at your link if it helps you sleep at night.

Does your self-esteem increase behind that anon button when you say "several people" are calling me an idiot? Is your life that miserable that you have some kind of satisfaction set in when other people agree with you on something so petty?

It's not a big deal, really. I don't take you anons seriously at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I'm not teaching you guys anything lmao. All I did was state what I knew and then you gotta be all badass by pulling out your edumacashunal links. LMAO.

Too much time. Seriously. Shoulda just bought that cart of groceries.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Its spun off in a rather amusing direction.  Some brain surgeon here is teaching us about nutrition. 

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:52 PM

no.  she just said you can make them healthy and low carb when you put them in pancakes. =) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

What's your SN? Are you too afraid to call me an idiot under it or what?

Ahhh, I get it. Don't wanna get reported because you're mad over eggs. LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous:

you are an idiot. you are bashing people over something you are too ignorant to admit you are wrong on. that is just a bitchy thing to do! 

Just look it up and admit you are wrong. you just look stupid

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LMFAO. I think this is fucking awesome! I'm an idiot because ya'll are so obsessed with talking about health info on goddamn eggs.

And I'M the idiot. SMH. LMAO!

Quoting Anonymous:

Can I ask how you feel they are being twats?

This girl only told you the truth after you bashed her and did it without calling you names... You are an idiot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 166 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:54 PM

we are but only because this girl on here bashed another girl because she couldn't deal with the truth that eggs are not carby foods!

Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Why would I show my pediatrician, who is, male BTW (Haha, now who's fucking stupid??) when my son doesn't even like eggs?

I don't care if you think I'm wrong. Eggs are not better to eat than chips and candy. ANYTHING fried and greasy.

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 166 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Honey, based off what you think an egg is, I would never want you teaching me! I never said it was bad ass... I just dont appreciate you bashing me when you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. There was nothing wrong with me giving you some factual information on eggs. 

Im sorry you can't take constructive criticism.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not teaching you guys anything lmao. All I did was state what I knew and then you gotta be all badass by pulling out your edumacashunal links. LMAO.

Too much time. Seriously. Shoulda just bought that cart of groceries.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)