Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (1841-1850):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 166 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Ha. Wow is that the only way to take the carbs out of them and make them healthy. i guess poached eggs must have the most carbs! they are probably filled with fats sugars and oils too!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

no.  she just said you can make them healthy and low carb when you put them in pancakes. =) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not the idiot. you are the one saying that eggs are loaded in carbs! 

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/dairy-and-egg-products/112/2

Maybe you should read before you call other people names.

Plus, by the looks of it, there are several people calling you an idiot

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

What's your SN? Are you too afraid to call me an idiot under it or what?

Ahhh, I get it. Don't wanna get reported because you're mad over eggs. LMAO.

Quoting Anonymous:

you are an idiot. you are bashing people over something you are too ignorant to admit you are wrong on. that is just a bitchy thing to do! 

Just look it up and admit you are wrong. you just look stupid

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LMFAO. I think this is fucking awesome! I'm an idiot because ya'll are so obsessed with talking about health info on goddamn eggs.

And I'M the idiot. SMH. LMAO!

Quoting Anonymous:

Can I ask how you feel they are being twats?

This girl only told you the truth after you bashed her and did it without calling you names... You are an idiot. 

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for the time you spent arguing with me.

And if you're gonna call me something, don't brown nose and call me honey. I prefer "stupid".

Quoting Anonymous:

Honey, based off what you think an egg is, I would never want you teaching me! I never said it was bad ass... I just dont appreciate you bashing me when you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. There was nothing wrong with me giving you some factual information on eggs. 

Im sorry you can't take constructive criticism.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not teaching you guys anything lmao. All I did was state what I knew and then you gotta be all badass by pulling out your edumacashunal links. LMAO.

Too much time. Seriously. Shoulda just bought that cart of groceries.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Omg yall still on this post?? Lmao

Its spun off in a rather amusing direction.  Some brain surgeon here is teaching us about nutrition. 

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

MamasaurusPrime
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM

sidesplittinglaughterYou guys are fucking awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

we are but only because this girl on here bashed another girl because she couldn't deal with the truth that eggs are not carby foods!

Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Why would I show my pediatrician, who is, male BTW (Haha, now who's fucking stupid??) when my son doesn't even like eggs?

I don't care if you think I'm wrong. Eggs are not better to eat than chips and candy. ANYTHING fried and greasy.

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Ngi ne themba - I have hope.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 220 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:03 PM

My husband and I had just walked out of walmart and a man came up asking for money for gas.  He stated his car ran out of gas and he had three kids waiting in the car.  My husband offered to go pick up some gas and bring it back, while I also offered to go buy some water for his kids. (it was close to 90 that day) He said "just give me money man!"  We told him sorry but we do not carry cash.  He walked away and we finished loading our van, as we were driving out we seen him at the bus stop, guess what no kids.

We have helped a lot of people who really needed it, but we never just give cash.  We always offer to go purchase what is needed.

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:03 PM

well you could always pour some hollandaise on them to make it healthier. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha. Wow is that the only way to take the carbs out of them and make them healthy. i guess poached eggs must have the most carbs! they are probably filled with fats sugars and oils too!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

no.  she just said you can make them healthy and low carb when you put them in pancakes. =) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

you are an idiot. you are bashing people over something you are too ignorant to admit you are wrong on. that is just a bitchy thing to do! 

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

LMFAO. I think this is fucking awesome! I'm an idiot because ya'll are so obsessed with talking about health info on goddamn eggs.

Quoting Anonymous:

This girl only told you the truth after you bashed her and did it without calling you names... You are an idiot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 166 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:07 PM

no... she prefers chips covered in chocolate with a soda beverage! breakfast of champions!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

well you could always pour some hollandaise on them to make it healthier. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 166 on Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Well, I tried to not call you anything and just educate you a bit on reality of your "carby eggs" but you chose to lower yourself to calling me a twat. 

But, since you prefer "stupid" Im just glad you finally educated yourself and realized your true self!

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for the time you spent arguing with me.

And if you're gonna call me something, don't brown nose and call me honey. I prefer "stupid".

Quoting Anonymous:

Honey, based off what you think an egg is, I would never want you teaching me! I never said it was bad ass... I just dont appreciate you bashing me when you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. There was nothing wrong with me giving you some factual information on eggs. 

Im sorry you can't take constructive criticism.

Quoting MamasaurusPrime:

I'm not teaching you guys anything lmao. All I did was state what I knew and then you gotta be all badass by pulling out your edumacashunal links. LMAO.

Too much time. Seriously. Shoulda just bought that cart of groceries.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Its spun off in a rather amusing direction.  Some brain surgeon here is teaching us about nutrition. 

Samantha0416
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I should have specified that I was referring to a half gallon of milk. :)

ElaineCatherine
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Quoting TheMrs407:

Nope! You gotta look at what you get with crap food! No nutrition at all! Why pay money to get nothing? That's just dumb! As an example think of a box of rice a' roni, way more Exoensive than a bag of brown or jasmine rice!
beeonit
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 10:34 PM
You're right about the junk food, I know when I was a kid it was the same way. Our power could be out with no hott water, and mom would go and get us a candy bar to share. It was a treat that made us happy.

Quoting Mom2theboy1994:

I've bought groceries many times anonymously for people who buy things I wouldn't buy. Their need didn't diminish because I make different choices. I've been lucky enough to never have to worry about if my card was going to swipe, while having a swarm of hungry kids at my feet. But I was that hungry kid in my childhood. I just can't see not helping if I can. But that's me. 

Unfortunately too many grown adults in this world have very backwards ideas on what is healthy. She may have been buying quantity over quality. Also, I know my mom used to try to make up for the whole being poor as dirt thing by giving us the only "luxury" she could, which was junk food. (It sounds weird to call junk food a luxury, lol.)

I'm not trying to make excuses for the woman, and I'm not judging you for your decision not to help, I'm offering a different perspective. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN