Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
My2Midgets01
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
33 moms liked this

I don't know... I would rather a child eat something, if they really are hungry than nothing at all. 

britt6
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
62 moms liked this

Yeah...you showed the world! I mean you said they looked like they really needed the food right? It's okay, I'm sure the kids were much happier with starving then getting chips and candy anyhow.

In all seriousness, how do you know those were not for their after dinner snack or for school lunch or camp lunch etc.? All in all who cares what she is buying, you need to get off that pompous arrogant ass of yours and do something worthwhile like care about people despite them being different than you. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
33 moms liked this

The fact that you are obnoxious is bad enough, but what's worse is you think your right. 

mrsdic
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
36 moms liked this

crap food is cheaper.  which sucks.  you have no idea why she was buying what she was.  if you were vegetarian would you not help someone buying meat because you didn't approve??  ugh.

gemikris82
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
13 moms liked this

i would of still paid.

Wydowness
by Kusabi on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting doodlebut:

She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM
60 moms liked this

I have to disagree with you. We are pretty poor and can not afford to spend much when shopping, so the things I DON'T buy are chips, soda and candy. Those are junk foods that are not necessities and don't make meals. You can buy a loaf of bread and other things like that for much cheaper than junk food items. I can't blame the OP for not helping.

Quoting doodlebut:

She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.

Wendykay1
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I felt really bad for that little girl but then my dh pointed out to me that she was probably a fraud and wanted the money for something else.

Quoting Mommavieve:

Wow

Quoting Wendykay1:

Once when i had just finished shopping and was putting my groceries in my car a young woman came up to me with her daughter (im guessing around 4 / 5yrs old) and asked if I could give her a few bucks so she could give buy her daughter mcdonalds. I told her no but that I would be happy to purchase her some groceries at the store. I was struggling at the time but was willing to help her out.

The lady said fu I want the cash. I told her I couldn't help her out then. as they walked away the lady flipped me off and her daughter did the same.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Yea right
LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
20 moms liked this
You could have offered to buy her some fruits and veggies. Let's just be honest though, there are so many programs out there that there is no reason for kids to go hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured