Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (71-80):
aidenmommy2011
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have still paid.

arigdon4
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I for one agree with you...but still feel bad for the kids,

graciebsgranny
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
31 moms liked this

And then you rushed home so you could tell everybody on Cafemom about how good of a person you are and how shitty of a mom she was. Yeah your a fucking winner in my book!!!

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
6 moms liked this
So because their mom was uneducated on healthy food, the children went hungry? How nice of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLo1486
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM
2 moms liked this
She could have bummed a cigarette off someone..

Quoting MFCsarah:

I had a young mom ask me for money for food for her daughter one night in front of Walmart. Her daughter was with her in a stroller and it was really windy out. I didn't have anything to spare and wished her the best. As she walked away she lit up a cigarette. I used to smoke, if my daughter needed food I would not have cigarettes.... I feel bad for the children whose parents do not do what is best for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lusyl95
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow.. I doubt they needed a lesson in nutrition, they needed FOOD! Those were hungry kids. I would have bought them the groceries. Not their fault.. Then again I'm not a heartless wench!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
9 moms liked this

I wouldnt have helped her either.  And yes, helping people most certainly does come with stipulations based upon approval.  It's my damn money and I'll help people who I think are worthy of my help. 

Quoting doodlebut:

She was probably buying crap food cause that's all she could afford. I never knew that helping people came with stipulations based on your approval. Either help or don't, but leave your preferences out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Who are you to tell a mom what they can feed their kids. If you really had a heart, you'd have bought their food!
JLo1486
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this
That was very cunt like of you. Geez!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4boyz1girl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM
5 moms liked this

That's just fucked up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)