Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nearly paid for a mom's groceries... till I saw what she was buying

Posted by   + Show Post

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Replies (81-90):
megangary
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
5 moms liked this
Okay how do you know they don't buy their fruits and veggies elsewhere? I hope you aren't teaching your children to be as judgmental.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
3 moms liked this
THIS!!!

Quoting lovemystinky:

Hungry kids are hungry kids, regardless of the parents and their choices.

So fuck you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NikkiDoll
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm gonna go with this too...if this post is even true. Sounds like a cm top notch drama post.

Quoting graciebsgranny:

And then you rushed home so you could tell everybody on Cafemom about how good of a person you are and how shitty of a mom she was. Yeah your a fucking winner in my book!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I am glad that I am not like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
13 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

next time follow through and help maybe thats all they could afford because fruits and veggies are more expensive

A family size bag of doritos is about $6.  The 24 pack of soda was $7.  Im not sure how much the snickers funsize bars are, I dont buy candy unless its Halloween.  A bag of generic frozen veggies was on sale fo $1 today, I bought several myself.  I bought a fresh ground (not the crap chub stuff) 5 pound hunk of hamburger for $11.  Whole grain buns? coupon for $1.  Toss in a large bag of potatoes and she had enough food for 2 good meals if she put back just a few of the treats.

Malnourished kids are still starving, even if they are normal or even overweight.

Nonobeth
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

So, you decided not to help because of the nutritional choices the mother was making?

Nice.

CosmicPossum
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
24 moms liked this

I'm having a really hard time believing you could clearly see every item she had in her bags.  I think it's more likely you turned, judged her potato chips, and then felt so good about yourself for not helping her out based on your assessment that you started to shake and wet yourself in the anticipation of getting home to make this post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
So, Miss Perfect, not one comment to defend yourself or is your silence and indication of your shame!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I was at the self pay ringing up at the same time as another mom.  I was alone and she was only a few feet away so I could hear her conversation with her kids.  They were all so excited to get home because they were hungry, hadnt eaten all day.  The conversation got alarmed and the mom was saying her card wasnt working.  I could tell she needed the food and she didnt know what to do.  She was starting to walk out without her food and I was turning around to offer to pay and then I noticed the packed bags, they are clear so I could see they were filled with  chips, soda and candy.  Not one veggie or fruit. 

I decided they didnt need my help after all.

Love060708kids
1 mom liked this

I don't care what they had in their cart, I would've bought them some groceries.  I remember being the poor kid and barely having enough food to last a week.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:04 PM
6 moms liked this

Give me a break!  The kids went hungry because the mother was a dead beat loser.   The OP has every right to help or not help whomever she wants. 

Quoting MamaJess9:

So because their mom was uneducated on healthy food, the children went hungry? How nice of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)