Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do NOT f*** with me or my kid! update at bottom of op!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
  • 93 Replies
4 moms liked this

this might get a tad long:

so my son (19, who is in the Army stationed in texas - i am in missouri) calls my in freak out mode this evening. his car (his baby, a 2007 dodge charger) is stuck in park! its starts and runs fine, but shifter wont move! (ok its not like i am a mechanic, but ya know they call momma when freaked out, lol! oh his dad is in rehab or he wouldve called him...maybe, lol! he often calls me first when freaking out, lol!). 

ok so i have no freaking idea what could be wrong... so i go to google and type in "car stuck in park" - well, well what pops up "dodge charger" - so tonight i have spent hours going through thousands of customer complaints on this exact issue!

i call chrysler 'recall' number (let me pause for a funny: when i told son i called chrsyler he said "ummm... mom i have a dodge, not a chrysler." - i had to explain that they are the same company, lol!) - anyway i give all info and the lady tells me 'no recall for his car" - i tell her that i know for a FACT that there have been recalls for this year of charger for this exact issue! she then says "there are no recalls for HIS car - not for that VIN lot" ... come to find out what she meant but wasnt allowed to say is that: yes there have been recalls for 2007 dodge charges for the shift interlock latch, but only cars made on certain dates at certain plants quailify.

oh let me pause to answer the question on some of your minds: i am doing this for son because he has 1 hour between regular duty and staff duty (6-11pm) for the next 2 weeks so he isnt able to be on computer or phone except for that one hour in which he also needs to eat, shower and change before duty.

i am one pissed off momma! i emailed dodge headquarters and will be calling them in the morning and chewing out some asses til i get results! they are WELL aware this shift lock is a huge issue! its ALL over  the internet and they have made SOME recalls!

i am very informed and ready to deal with them! this plastic piece cost $20 to replace, yet dodge/chrysler dealerships are telling customers that the WHOLE shifter needs to be replaced at the cost of $400! oh the durable metal replacement cost $50. i watched videos of people replacing the part themselves online - it is NOT labor intensive, if you dont replace the whole damn shifter, BUT dealerships refuse to just replace the part!

and hell yes i pulled the military card! i told them in email that son will deploy in Jan 2013. since he is willing to fight for and possibly die for their freedom the LEAST they could do was repair his car for FREE since they KNOW its a defective part!

dont fuck with me and especially dont fuck with my kids! when you know you are wrong fix the damn problem and own up to your mistakes!

i dont know if it will get fixed by them or not but i wont go down without a fight - and calling headquarters is ONLY plan A! plan B is a bit more vocal and public!

son is suppose to come home for a visit in 2 weeks! he told me that if it cost a lot to fix his car or he doesnt get it fixed by then, then he wont be able to come home! oh HELL no! dodge will have hell to pay if son doesnt make it home!

ya dont think son got to be Army strong without a stong momma behind him did you? lmao!

update: the email that i was going to send to Dodge last night, i couldnt send it because i didnt have the VIN. yes in that email that i was going to send i did bring up son being in military. i am glad it didnt go through. i KNOW better than to do that! heck son doesnt even want people to know he is military because he hasnt deployed yet. says he doesnt deserve the thanks people give him because he hasnt done anything!

thanks for pointing that out to me, even though with a clear mind i do know better!

i have not done anything about his car today. no phone calls or anything! i will guide him through it though. he is 19 and still learning about life on his own.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitT.Kat
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

You just made him look so incredibly pathetic. An Army guy who has to call his mommy to fix his problems...

1_hawt_mami
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Wow I hope they fix his car., id be mad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Um okay...
MommiesPNut
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Are you sure it's really stuck in park? And he's not forgetting to put his foot on the brake to switch to reverse or drive. Not to make him sound stupid but Ive had friends call because they're car was stuck in park only to discover they're foot wasn't pushing the brake down....my husband has a dodge charger r/t Daytona no problems with it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Um ok... it's just a car and just a $20 part. Sounds like your son should be able to do it himself. I get where you're coming from, but take a deep breath and chill
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Why was it necessary to throw in the part about him fighting for their freedom. Some people just don't give f*ck, Army or not! But I do understand being a concerned mom lol I would have freaked too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Where's he stationed at? I'll have my husband go check it out to make you feel better. Ha! We're in Texas too.

milfanyway
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Ummmmm if it's a twenty dollar part why doesn't he just buy it and have a buddy help him replace it? Problem solved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Simmer down hun.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! I had a friend who did this. She was flippin her lid at the time.

Quoting MommiesPNut:

Are you sure it's really stuck in park? And he's not forgetting to put his foot on the brake to switch to reverse or drive. Not to make him sound stupid but Ive had friends call because they're car was stuck in park only to discover they're foot wasn't pushing the brake down....my husband has a dodge charger r/t Daytona no problems with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN