Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am "that mom" -all anon if you like!

Posted by   + Show Post
What is something that you do or have done that makes you "that mom"? Cut someone off in traffic? Give your kid nothing but Oreos for dinner? Something that if a cm sanctimommy saw you, it would totally chap her bum?
Got anon if you like! This is mom confessions!
ETA holy cow you mamas are naughty! Keep em coming!!
Edit 2 we broke 500! Doesn't it feel so good to let it all out??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Replies (551-557):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 167 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the mom who "shelters" my kids. They have a 7:30 bedtime (when in school) because my children can not wake up if they don't get 12 hrs of sleep. I also do not let them watch any kind of pg13 movies (ages 5 & 7). At a playdate I was so awful for not allowing my kid to watch harry potter. my kids have never asked to see these movies & honestly... scooby doo freaks them out LOL.
I'm also that mom whose motto is "treat kids how you want to be treated". Also, my kids don't have to be friends with everyone. There's no "just ignore them & keep playing" its "tell that kid to not be rude (or a brat) & if you don't want to play with them, find someone else".
I'm also that mom who dreds playdates. Why? Because moms judge me! I'm young... too young apparently to have a 7 yr old. Or... "oh, you are married?" Yup... don't really go on many playdates! Lol!
aidensmama721
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:19 PM

lol i was just doing the because he's your pal thing

Quoting BREN_da:

*principal*

Quoting mommyof3lilboys:

I was at my kids school every single day, making sure things were getting done the right way. They were not doing what they were supposed to do, IMO.

My oldest DS(10) is dx bipolar, autism spectrum and adhd. When he was in 2nd grade his teacher would pretty much let him do anything and not make him do the classwork, just because he would throw a fit and they would have to call me to the school to help with the situation. She just passed him through without him really learning anything and he had an extremely hard time in 3rd grade because of this. 

Also, same school, in 1st grade he wrote in his daily journal that he was going to kill himself and he will do it when he "wont" to. I know for a fact the pos teacher saw this because she corrected wont to want. I was NOT notified about this. I found out at the end of the school year, about a day or two later. I went up to that school and talked to everyone I could, principle, vice priciple, councelor, and wanted to talk to that teacher and give her a piece of my mind, and I will be honest, a mouthful of fist.

We switched schools after 2nd grade.

KitT.Kat
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am that mom who wears dresses and high heels and makeup. I am not interested in rolliing around in the mud with the kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 168 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the mom whose boys reek havoc (harmless stuff...just really stupid) in the neighborhood

babygirl7161
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a breakdown the other night too. Depression, anxiety and stress is a bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

This has been me lately as well. I broke down to DH last night admitting that I need to see a therapist because I have been having suicidal thoughts lately. :(

Quoting babygirl7161:

Yea, that's me too. I do my best to look like all well and good, meanwhile my world will be falling apart around me and on the inside i'm stressed out, depressed enough to have suicidal thoughts(only when things are really bad) and screaming in my head for someone to just understand how I feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the mom who appears to have it all together. Living in her perfect world with her perfect kids and perfect husband. 

I guess the big CONFESSION of this is...I do NOT have it all together but I try DAMN hard to make you think I do! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
my child is with her father from June until September in another state.

I don't always take her outside when she wants if i did we would never be inside.

she enjoys eating a little here and there i let her until dinner which she dose not mind sitting down and eating with us along as we are at the babies table

her fav thigh to eat in the morning is a peanut butter sandwich an chocolate milk

this one would piss my mother off more then anyone i don't won't and will never do anything she as ever done and that is a big reason she stalks me on here

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:36 AM

:( sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best of luck. I will be praying for you.

Quoting babygirl7161:

I had a breakdown the other night too. Depression, anxiety and stress is a bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

This has been me lately as well. I broke down to DH last night admitting that I need to see a therapist because I have been having suicidal thoughts lately. :(

Quoting babygirl7161:

Yea, that's me too. I do my best to look like all well and good, meanwhile my world will be falling apart around me and on the inside i'm stressed out, depressed enough to have suicidal thoughts(only when things are really bad) and screaming in my head for someone to just understand how I feel.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the mom who appears to have it all together. Living in her perfect world with her perfect kids and perfect husband. 

I guess the big CONFESSION of this is...I do NOT have it all together but I try DAMN hard to make you think I do! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)