Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WHY ARE YOU POOR?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Why are you poor?

Options:

I made poor choices & being poor is the outcome of those choices

I am a victim of circumstance

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 232

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (81-90):
all_4_my_son
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I do.....we can't budget to save our lives, even though we do try. It's our own fault and no one else's.

Quoting Anonymous:

So far, 77% consider themselves victims of circumstance.  Does anyone take responsibility for anything?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I am poor as of now, BUT I have a plan and I am getting through school and saving. So hopefully not for much longer!!!! I am poor because I am a mother of two and my husband left us and drained the accounts. I had to start over. Literally. After he left and took ALL of our cash and our car. (we only had one we were saving for another one, he wrecked our other one)

So yes, I am poor, but NO not forever! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I don't consider us poor. I mean yes, it's tight and may not get all of our wants, but we do have all the necessities we need.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I don't have a magic number.  I guess it's up to the person if they feel they are poor or not.

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

I'm middle class, does that consider me poor? Lol. What is poor to you?

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Some things are just not foreseeable no matter what you do. Bad things do happen to good people.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your options are a flaming hunk of contradiction. Even if you are a victim of circumstance, you somehow made bad decisions somewhere along the way. Eithier having children to early and not preventing it, not putting money away in savings before u lost that job, not being a smart SAHM and have a secret stash of funds especially if you KNEW your marriage was crumbling..or took the opportunity ro get a degree while u had the chance at home. Either way, considering no one STRIVES to be poor, then being in that situation will ALWAYS be because of circumstance that most likely couldve been avoided at SOME point in thier life.

Regardless, its none of your damn business
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I dropped out of college, got married to an abusive drunk, divorced him started getting back on my feet, had an "oops" pregnancy, moved in with the baby daddyand his mom, bought a house and a car and am now struggling to climb out of debt and stop living paycheck to paycheck paycheck. I take complete responsibility for my choices. I do get WIC but will get off that soon since I paid off my car and have a bit more $ each month. We get rather large tax refunds and are using them to get out of debt. We paid off our car this year, next year will be credit cards, the following year will be student loans. I can't afford daycare so I babysit other people's kids in my home so I can be with my kids and have an income. Do I meet with your approval?
Robe739IsBack
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
I was uneducated about adulthood.

So I got knocked up as a teen & have struggled ever since.

DH & I (the bio-dad of all of my children) have busted our asses to simply stay afloat.

However, I wouldn't consider us "poor". Though, we live paycheck by paycheck & are one simple tragedy away from being homeless. :/

Either way, i'm not a victim of circumstances. I simply made poor choices as a child (teen) which lead to life successes being much harder to obtain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't count...Canada is the shit...

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

Lol I guess this post isnt for me...  I've never been poor...    The poll results dont surprise me in the least

fireeyes81
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

My husband and I live more on the poor side, but that is only because we are putting the money back in our business right now.  It's a choice we're making and we will be better off for it in the long run.

littleacorn
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Yes, it is completely because of bad choices that dh was injured at work and his company retaliated for his worker's comp claim by fabricating an excuse to fire him just a few months after he returned to work. Also bad choices that made my disabilities too severe to keep working, even though I tried up to the point it nearly killed me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)