Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It would take an idiot to fail a drug test they knew was coming

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
  • 172 Replies
1 mom liked this

So what good would it do to drug test welfare recipients? Take a drug test before benefits can be approved? Sure, no problem. I don't know anyone who has ever failed a drug test they knew was coming. 

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hellomilla
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I still think its a good idea. In order to get a job you have to pass a drug test, why should public assistance be any different?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmama411
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM
10 moms liked this

Quoting hellomilla:

I still think its a good idea. In order to get a job you have to pass a drug test, why should public assistance be any different?

Good in theory, counter-productive in reality.

hellomilla
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
At least theyre making some effort though. In my area, a lot of people actually fail scheduled drug tests.

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting hellomilla:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I do. I used to work in a doctor's office and I administered drug screens for some local companies. Some of them were pre-employment and some of them were just random screens. I had a guy come in one time for a pre-employment drug screen and he asked me how long a certain drug stayed in your system. He was black, and he went pale when I told him that some drugs stay in your system for a month. Yeah, he failed.

Metteba
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course they wont fail it, they knew it was coming. Hello, when employers drug test, its supposed to be a SURPRISE!!!  I bet if they tested all state free-loaders, they would all fail - no big surprise there.

lovinmama411
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I agree with the whole point of it, however it's not accomplishing anything in reality. It has been tried and failed already. Failed pretty miserably actually. I think it's all politics.

Quoting hellomilla:

At least theyre making some effort though. In my area, a lot of people actually fail scheduled drug tests.

Quoting lovinmama411:

Quoting hellomilla:

lovinmama411
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

lol, bet the guy was sweating bullets waiting on results. Again, idiot.

Quoting Bethsunshine:

I do. I used to work in a doctor's office and I administered drug screens for some local companies. Some of them were pre-employment and some of them were just random screens. I had a guy come in one time for a pre-employment drug screen and he asked me how long a certain drug stayed in your system. He was black, and he went pale when I told him that some drugs stay in your system for a month. Yeah, he failed.

Bethsunshine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband used to be in the Navy, and knew plenty of guys that got kicked out because they failed the drug test.

A.B.C.brown07
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:23 PM
14 moms liked this
Um..its called ADDICTION. A crack head cant just say "um..im just not going to do crack for 2 days then start again.."

If it were THAT easy..they'd quit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmama411
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM

You all must know some real smarties. How do you fail a drug test you know you will be taking? What dumbasses. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured