Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She killed them! VERDICT IN.

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is a lesson folks.  IF YOU HAVE HAD A SEIZURE DONT DRIVE.  February 2011 my husbands family lost 5 precious lives because a woman chose to drive after having a seizure and did not get cleared by a neurologist to drive again.  

This family was CRUSHED when the driver of the other vehicle had a seizure and her SUV went airborne and landed on their truck killing them all.

She is on trial right now for 5 counts of negligent homocide and 2 counts of child abuse because her two children were in the car.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/06/13/er-doctor-testifies-in-deadly-crash-trial/

UPDATE

My husband and my mother in law sat through today's trial portion.  It went to the jurors, now we wait for a verdict.  Please do not misunderstand my motive.  I want justice, and I am a firm believer in the court system.  If she doesnt get the justice I would choose for her it does not mean justice was not done, it means it was done in a different way.  We do not hate this woman.  We do not want her children to lose their mother, but we cannot overlook the 5 lives that were taken from us. 

http://kdvr.com/2012/06/14/emotional-third-day-of-monica-chavez-trial/

Please keep our families in your prayers.

UPDATE 2!!  This story is being covered by Nancy Grace tonight.  I am hoping that with this kind of media exposure we can help get others off the road who should not be driving without being cleared.

Final update....she was found not guilty.  Our family is very torn by this verdict, but hopefully we can begin the healing and move on.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Replies (221-224):
MilfShake26
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Omg that's horrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I am so sorry. This is absolutely heartbreaking. I wish your family peace.

AdellesMom
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I cannot even imagine the pain that your family and even her own family must be facing for this.  It was a tragic accident, regardless of whether she'd been cleared or not.  Would they still have gone after her for the "crime" even with being cleared by a doctor?  Most likely.  Seizures are so unpredictable.  There are many who are told they shouldn't drive at all and I am sure you prob feel the same way.  A doctor can't just declare clear and she goes on like it never happens. 

Believe me, you have my deepest sympathies and I am so very sorry you had to go through this.  But the courts cannot, in good conscience, charge and sentence a woman for a crime when it is something so out of her control, doctor clearance or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured