Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think attachment parenting is pretty creepy

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's just TOO much.

I mean, don't get me wrong, all kids should be loved and shown affection, but this whole "attachment parenting" seems to be a little twisted to me. These women have got to have some sort of issues somewhere with affection. To have to go THAT far to ensure your kid is loved. Or are you trying to find ways to avoid spending intimate time with ur SO?

And if you are going to practice this, I hope dearly that you don't have a son! There's nothing more irritating to me than a mommys boy who was obviously coddled way too much. I like my men to be MEN so most women do. As time goes by, these boys are more and more wimpy.

If your child can drink from a cup and eat the same dinner as you, why is he still on breast milk? Would you judge me if you saw my 4,5,6 yr old in public with a bottle full of formula?

We aren't kangaroos, let them be independent!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:58 AM
14 moms liked this

I think SOME of the attachment parenting I have seen is creepy, but not all of it. And I do not believe that children need every need met immediately and that they cannot not be told "wait a minute" once they are a certain age. Infants should be attended to as soon as possible (but at the same time there were times mine had to wait, mostly when I was in the middle of using the bathroom) but once they reach a certain ahe there is nothing wrong with them learning patience. Like I said SOME of what people call attachment parenting (and I don't know if you would even really call it that) I find odd and not beneficial, but definitely not all.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM
22 moms liked this
Inferior to breast milk? Oh mighty mom I shall bow down to your presence!!

Oh stfu and get over yourself.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Formula from a bottle is inferior to breast milk from the breast and canny be compared to each other. So creepy to raise children the way nature intended. *rolls eyes*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 3:59 AM
5 moms liked this
Cuz you may not know what it meant..... Duh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why abbreviate if your just going to spell it out anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well don't worry my ds is to young for you anyway. I kiss his boo boos at 5yo. I cuddle him when he is scared GTFOI(GET THE FUCK OVER IT)

Mommavieve
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:00 AM
8 moms liked this
I don't practice attachment parenting, but you really don't seem to know anything about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:00 AM
22 moms liked this
No need. I just choose to educate myself. Instead of bowing down maybe you should do the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Formula from a bottle is inferior to breast milk from the breast and canny be compared to each other. So creepy to raise children the way nature intended. *rolls eyes*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:01 AM
Educate on what? And do the same? Yes I'm going to breast feed my 2 1/2 yo ds. Ya no thanks.

Quoting LaughCryLive:

No need. I just choose to educate myself. Instead of bowing down maybe you should do the same.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:04 AM
3 moms liked this
Your kid's problem. Not mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:07 AM
11 moms liked this

I LOL'd at that too! (laughed out loud) :P 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why abbreviate if your just going to spell it out anyway?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well don't worry my ds is to young for you anyway. I kiss his boo boos at 5yo. I cuddle him when he is scared GTFOI(GET THE FUCK OVER IT)

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:07 AM
10 moms liked this

I cant Brest feed and I dont got the Money for a wet nurse . I suppose that makes me an inferior mommy huh 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:08 AM
52 moms liked this
I never said it made your parenting inferior. I'm sorry you can't breastfeed. It doesn't change the fact that breast milk is far superior than formula.

Quoting white_wolf454:

I cant Brest feed and I dont got the Money for a wet nurse . I suppose that makes me an inferior mommy huh 

Quoting LaughCryLive:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN