Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having my Period in my wedding day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just my luck. I planned my wedding date so I didn't have my period during that time and my period tracker told me I was all clear. (I know I know it's just an estimate but it's usually pretty accurate for me) well this month my period was 4 days late. Most likely from my stress of planning my big day. Well being late pushed my period to the weekend of my wedding (says my tracker). I'm so irritated an pissed. My periods are always heavy and makes me super moody and hard to function. Plus I can even imagine having blood seep through my dress. I'm going to have a horrible wedding day I just know it. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Replies (61-70):
kkps725
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM

SAME THING ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME!

I called my doctor friday afternoon they said "take 2 BC pills NOW, 2 tonight, 2 in the morning and 1 at your regular time tomorrow."

and IT WORKED!!

Good Luck mama!!!!

kkps725
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM

OHHH and I got married on that saturday.. LOL

Quoting kkps725:

SAME THING ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME!

I called my doctor friday afternoon they said "take 2 BC pills NOW, 2 tonight, 2 in the morning and 1 at your regular time tomorrow."

and IT WORKED!!

Good Luck mama!!!!

kkps725
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM

This made me LOL

I just didnt want period sex on honeymoon bahahahaha!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut the fuck up. My marriage has nothing to do with my period. Excuse me for not wanting to have to worry throughout my ceramony and reception about weither or not I bleed through my dress. Plus I'm prescribed pain meds because of my horrible horrible cramps and my extremely heavy periods which causes me to change every 2 hours! So you have no clue what your talking about. You can just shut the hell up and go kick rocks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well with that attitude u just might... Sorry but if you can't even handle things being less than perfect at your wedding, how will you handle a *marriage*?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I realized I came off as bitter (I'm really not this way irl) and I apologized to OP.... just fyi :)

Thank you for your words as well.

Quoting Maevelyn:

I'm sorry you lost your husband but I think that perhaps you're a little biased. Infact I'd say your perspective is a little twisted at this point. She's simply upset that she has to have a heavy uncomfortable period on her wedding day. I dont' go around saying "be glad your husband didn't rape you" every time some one has a normal concern and my father doesn't walk around telling everyone with a normal inconvenience "at least you don't have terminal cancer" and my grandparents don't tell people upset bc they can't afford to take their kid to a movie "I'd like to take my daughter to a movie but she was set on fire while still alive and i'll never see her again." I know what it's like to watch every face turn to the door and fall when some one you love doesn't come walking in and never will again. I am intimately familiar with that quiet moment on the holidays when it hits everyone that they're not coming back. They would say the same thing to this woman that I would "that's terrible, I hope you can figure something out." They would say the same thing to you that I am; Life doesn't stop because bad things happen to you and being sad doesn't give you license to dismiss everyone else as trivial. Don't become a bitter shrew just because you have a good reason. Try to be some one the man who loved you would marry. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh look out.. She's getting all hardcore with her keyboard. So you've been married before? U seem like u know how it works already so I take it u have?
I have periods just as you've described. My point was that if u "just know you're going to have a horrible wedding day" than you probably will.
Ever try being positive? How bout grateful to be marrying a great man? Just saying... There are widows that are no longer able to hold their husbands hands, kiss them, have babies with them, etc. and I am one of them. I would bleed through a white dress in a heartbeat to have a life with my husband again.
Be thankful and not think its the end of the world.

Trust.... It's YOU that has no clue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut the fuck up. My marriage has nothing to do with my period. Excuse me for not wanting to have to worry throughout my ceramony and reception about weither or not I bleed through my dress. Plus I'm prescribed pain meds because of my horrible horrible cramps and my extremely heavy periods which causes me to change every 2 hours! So you have no clue what your talking about. You can just shut the hell up and go kick rocks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well with that attitude u just might... Sorry but if you can't even handle things being less than perfect at your wedding, how will you handle a *marriage*?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

It's a long story that is further explained in the replies back and forth on this post but I realized I was wrong and I apologized to OP. I'm sorry again....

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Why even comment if u offer no good advice? Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Op try the diva cup. Or use a heavy duty.pad.and tampon

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM
That was nice if you to apologize its a.rare thing in cm land.. Have a better.day

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a long story that is further explained in the replies back and forth on this post but I realized I was wrong and I apologized to OP. I'm sorry again....

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Why even comment if u offer no good advice? Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

Op try the diva cup. Or use a heavy duty.pad.and tampon

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Thank you but you really don't have anything to apologize about. It was me who was wrong, we both know that. I could have and should have been a lot nicer.

I sincerely hope you have your pefect wedding day. I remember how so many little things went wrong at my wedding (not before, during) like the DJ playing the wrong "first dance" song and someone at the resort stealing my shoes after I took them off for some pictures. I didn't care. I danced barefoot with my husband to the wrong song with the biggest smile on my face. I'm happy and at peace, I really am but there are always hard days like this morning. I try to be grateful I had that time with him instead of thinking my life is over. How can it be over? He was here long enough to give me 2 of the greatest gifts ever. 2 wonderful kids that look and act like him and I am so grateful for that.

I really do hope you and your hubs-to-be have a great life with many memories

surrender

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry to. I could have been more sensitive with you to after understanding more of your loss. I apologize as well. You are very correct tho a marriage is about a man and women and That's all that matters. I just don't want and "distractions" lol when I'm saying my I Do's.
I cannot imagine loosing my other half and my thoughts go out to you. I hope you find some peace. I can admit this talking with you has opened my eyes and I'm not going to stress about the little things any more when it comes to my wedding day. All I'm going to do is stress and make sure his butt is on that alter before me. Haha. ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

I really didn't mean to come off bitter. As I've said to someone else, I just wish someone said something similar to me when I had him here. He was my everything. Only man I was with so I do know exactly what you are talking about. I didn't mean to be rude and I realize I was so I apologize. I just want people to understand how good they have it, that's all.
No, I love weddings. I just don't like to hear women complain about things like its the end of the world when it really could be much worse.
I let little things get to me, I vented a lot and complained. I regret it now.

I'm very glad to hear that you're not going to let the stress of one thing stop you from thinking positively.

*walking away*

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh ok now I understand the bitterness. I bet your one of those women who get all butt hurt when you hear about others getting married. Look lady no need to be a miserable grouch it's unfortunate your a widow but I have every right to be upset on having my period on my wedding day! Seeing I only get married ONCE and that I get to marry the ONLY man I've ever been with or dated. So you are the one who has no clue what their talking about! I'm very positive about getting married after all I'm the one walking down the isle and get to marry my one true love. What can be more positive then that? Again it's *My* day and I can feel however I want and I can wish for a perfect day all I want as well. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh look out.. She's getting all hardcore with her keyboard. So you've been married before? U seem like u know how it works already so I take it u have?
I have periods just as you've described. My point was that if u "just know you're going to have a horrible wedding day" than you probably will.
Ever try being positive? How bout grateful to be marrying a great man? Just saying... There are widows that are no longer able to hold their husbands hands, kiss them, have babies with them, etc. and I am one of them. I would bleed through a white dress in a heartbeat to have a life with my husband again.
Be thankful and not think its the end of the world.

Trust.... It's YOU that has no clue.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Go get the depo shot, it will keep you baby free for 3 months and hold off your period.
I don't use bc now but was on it before kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WanziesMommie
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Oh no!! :(  I would hate that too...I remember years ago when I graduated...I had my period the same day and was wearing a white dress...such a bad day, it was!

notuseless
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:22 PM

i think this is the best reply ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut the fuck up. My marriage has nothing to do with my period. Excuse me for not wanting to have to worry throughout my ceremony and reception about whether or not I bleed through my dress. Plus I'm prescribed pain meds because of my horrible horrible cramps and my extremely heavy periods which causes me to change every 2 hours! So you have no clue what your talking about. You can just shut the hell up and go kick rocks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)