Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having my Period in my wedding day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just my luck. I planned my wedding date so I didn't have my period during that time and my period tracker told me I was all clear. (I know I know it's just an estimate but it's usually pretty accurate for me) well this month my period was 4 days late. Most likely from my stress of planning my big day. Well being late pushed my period to the weekend of my wedding (says my tracker). I'm so irritated an pissed. My periods are always heavy and makes me super moody and hard to function. Plus I can even imagine having blood seep through my dress. I'm going to have a horrible wedding day I just know it. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Replies (71-80):
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM
=(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piratepixie
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:28 PM
it could be worst, my 2 year old puked all over my wedding dress and his little tux which was rented and because our wedding was in another state it was almost 3 days before we could return them. We tried to get them both dry cleaned before then but was told that they where both a complete loss. I dreaded having to go back to the rental place and 2 this day I havent gone back. Blood you can plain for, puke is another story. Just bring a bottle or two of hydrogen peroxide for your dress just in case. It will take fresh blood out of almost anything although I do have to warn that it could bleach the fabric so only use if you have no choice and you are able to rinse it off right away.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Have you been tested for von wilebrands?  VW is a bleeding disorder that casuse heavy periods.  My daughter has VW (got it from her dad) and we found that Nostrilla actually lightens her flow quite a bit.  Because of her VW, she can't take nsaids and since she has bad cramps she needs something.  Her peditrician wanted to put her on birth control pills (at 12!).  But since we've been doing the nostrilla, she can take aleeve for pain and it doesn't make her flow heavier!!  She takes 2 aleeve and I spray each nostril once with the nostrilla and she's good to go for 8-12 hrs -- long enough to get thru a school day and then we do it again at bedtime.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut the fuck up. My marriage has nothing to do with my period. Excuse me for not wanting to have to worry throughout my ceramony and reception about weither or not I bleed through my dress. Plus I'm prescribed pain meds because of my horrible horrible cramps and my extremely heavy periods which causes me to change every 2 hours! So you have no clue what your talking about. You can just shut the hell up and go kick rocks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well with that attitude u just might... Sorry but if you can't even handle things being less than perfect at your wedding, how will you handle a *marriage*?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:58 PM
I've never been tested for that before. My kids are close in age and I just figured because them is why my periods are so bad. They last for like a week and from day one I need to wear super tanpons with backup. Plus I need to change every 2 hours in a super otherwise I will bleed through. :( I have an appointment with my dr next week. I'm going to see about being tested.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Have you been tested for von wilebrands?  VW is a bleeding disorder that casuse heavy periods.  My daughter has VW (got it from her dad) and we found that Nostrilla actually lightens her flow quite a bit.  Because of her VW, she can't take nsaids and since she has bad cramps she needs something.  Her peditrician wanted to put her on birth control pills (at 12!).  But since we've been doing the nostrilla, she can take aleeve for pain and it doesn't make her flow heavier!!  She takes 2 aleeve and I spray each nostril once with the nostrilla and she's good to go for 8-12 hrs -- long enough to get thru a school day and then we do it again at bedtime.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut the fuck up. My marriage has nothing to do with my period. Excuse me for not wanting to have to worry throughout my ceramony and reception about weither or not I bleed through my dress. Plus I'm prescribed pain meds because of my horrible horrible cramps and my extremely heavy periods which causes me to change every 2 hours! So you have no clue what your talking about. You can just shut the hell up and go kick rocks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well with that attitude u just might... Sorry but if you can't even handle things being less than perfect at your wedding, how will you handle a *marriage*?

robynlo77
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Oh man...I'm sorry....maybe you will get lucky, and it won't happen on your wedding day.

I would ask the Dr if there was anything he/she could prescribe to help with the heavy flow!

Best of luck!

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Try the Nostrilla next time.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never been tested for that before. My kids are close in age and I just figured because them is why my periods are so bad. They last for like a week and from day one I need to wear super tanpons with backup. Plus I need to change every 2 hours in a super otherwise I will bleed through. :( I have an appointment with my dr next week. I'm going to see about being tested.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pandapanda
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Tampons and a super duper long, fat maxi pad!

yzaguirre1986
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Wow I know how that feels! I got my period after the court cemorning ! Grrrrr n to top it off when we went to take the wedding pic I bleed threw !!!! Omg I was mad thankfully my sister was with me n try her best to wipe off the blood! :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamitamaria
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was pregnant but having my period the day of my wedding was one of my biggest fears. Maybe it will come early and you won't have to worry.

LOL--me too. No worries about my period...plus my hormones made me horny as hell :-)

Owner-Pregnant Brides  Were you pregnant when you tied the knot? Come share your experiences. Will you be pregnant when you get married? Come learn from our stories.

runninro
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Same thing happened to me.  Planned the wedding "just right". My period started (A WEEK EARLY!) in the middle of the reception!!!  They were calling me and my husband up for the cake cutting and I'm stuck in the bathroom bleeding like an animal sacrifice (oh and I'm wearing a thong underneath my dress).  The only other person in the bathroom was a 9 yr old girl who  I didn't know.  She was one of my husband's guest's children, never met her before.  I'm trying to get her to go find my MOH or someone to come help me!  Finally my Aunt came in and I'm like HELP!! I started my freaking period like RIGHT NOW!  I tell her that I have emergancy pads (no tampons mind you...pads...did I mention I was wearing a freaking THONG that day?) in my bag, she runs and goes and gets it.  My MOH comes in I tell her and she's like I think I've got tampons in my car...Aunt comes back.  Oh and the DJ is still ANNOUNCING THE CAKE CUTTING...WHERE IS THE BRIDE?????!  I carefully put the pad on the very wet and bloody thong...carefully go out to the dance floor meet my husband at the cake.  Walking so that I'm NOT moving the pad. My head I thinking OMG this bloody pad is going to drop out onto the dance floor in front of 200 people.  Now my husband is like a foot and a half taller than me and he loves to pick me up.  So I'm just glaring at him trying to mentally send him the message...don't pick me up and throw me around....don't pick me up and throw me around.  We get through the whole cake thing.  My MOH is standing at the edge of the dance floor in a track star stance ready to grab me and whisk me back to the bathroom so we can change out the precariously perched pad with a more secure tampon.  So no you're NOT going to have a horrible wedding day...I did that for you.  At least yours didn't happen in the MIDDLE of your reception!  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)