Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"I did it when I was a kid and I came out fine."

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this

I hate this phrase. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! Did you really come out fine? Is the world the same place it was when you were a kid? Are your kids fine? Really? It is the most complacent phrase I think I have ever heard. I understand that it feels like everything causes Cancer these days, but that shouldn't be something to brush aside with a smirk. That should make you think "Well wait.........What are we putting in our bodies?"  I'm not saying to keep your kids locked up, just act like an adult and use the brain that's in your head for more than deciding if Snooki is going to be a good mom or not.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KristyCat
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

If it hasn't killed me, caused some kind of trauma or made me some sick, diseased vermin, I don't see the big deal.

YES, you have a point, the world is not the same place as when I was a little kids, or when my mom was a little kid. And there are things to take into account, definitely.

But when I was a kid, I ran around outside for hours without my shoes on. I'm fine!

My philosophy? Don't live your life (and your children's lives) in fear. You miss out on a lot living that way.

Yeah, why not, let the kid have a damn Happy Meal every once in a while. I did it when I was a kid and I came out fine 8) 

pampire
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Quoting KristyCat:

If it hasn't killed me, caused some kind of trauma or made me some sick, diseased vermin, I don't see the big deal.

YES, you have a point, the world is not the same place as when I was a little kids, or when my mom was a little kid. And there are things to take into account, definitely.

But when I was a kid, I ran around outside for hours without my shoes on. I'm fine!

My philosophy? Don't live your life (and your children's lives) in fear. You miss out on a lot living that way.

Yeah, why not, let the kid have a damn Happy Meal every once in a while. I did it when I was a kid and I came out fine 8) 

Amen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN