Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What did your contractions feel like? *update no baby yet*

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM
  • 50 Replies

I have this warm knotted feeling that starts in my back and makes it way to my front. I feel it in my tailbone as well. I have been having them every 4 mins or so but they aren't extremely painful. I'm continuing to time them but I'm holding off going to L&D for a little while longer. Oh man.....I hope this is finally it.

Well after three hours of 4 min apart contractions that did get a little stronger but not much I finally went in to get checked. No change to my cervix so not enough to constitute active labor. Then they got farther apart and quit altogether. *sigh*

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TugBoatMama
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
They sound like contractions to me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Oh and when it makes it's way up front it is sort of a burning sensation with tightening.....if that makes sense.

LYxTHUY

Supposedly mine weren't as bad as other women. Just felt like I ate bad Taco Bell. 

safi

my best friend gets the back kind pretty bad, i have never experianced that myself with 4 labors (thankfully) .. if theyre steady/regular... yeah id say that you are gearing up :) but 4 mins is not really close enough together to go to the hospital IMO, you have a little ways to go. why be there in discomfort

MdMom289
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Period cramps or having to go poop with gas times 100!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I know everyone says it, but extremely intense period cramps.
My belly gets extremely tight and takes a bit of my breath away. Some women have back labor, I never did, so I never really felt anything in my back. My tummy just got really tight, uncomfortable, & painful. Once they get to the point where you can't talk through one, it's time to go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM

thats how my first was up untill I jit 8 cm, and with my second I didnt feel any at all because my pregnancy was so horrible I didnt notice any different pain.

** edit***  I meant to type thats how mine felt once I hit 8 cm I had no pain untill 8 cm.

BabyDamien13107
by đź‘˝Normal on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Extremely bad cramps and it feels like they're putting hot coal on my lower back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luna091306
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I really hope so. :) I've been plagued with Braxton Hicks for months. This is the first time they have been consistent and timeable.

Quoting TugBoatMama:

They sound like contractions to me :)

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

To be honest, they felt like the world's worst diarrhea cramps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN