Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just became a teen dad and i hate that i'm thrilled update w more info **more info** UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

For the record, I am not an advocate for teen pregnancy, but I have reasons to be happy for this baby that I can never say out loud.
My son is a great kid. He's smart, polite, and has never gotten into trouble. He has had issues at school, though, with bullying. He has always been sensitive and a bit effeminate. Not over the top effeminate, but to the point that everyone has for years assumed that he was gay. He has never had a girlfriend or a boyfriend for that matter. In fact the only mention he has ever made regarding his sexual orientation was a profession of love for a teen pop star. We thought it was like liking Barbra Streisand or Liza Minelli.
His father and I have always remained silent on his sexuality, although we have discussed it in private. We pride ourselves on being progressive and caring about human rights. We would always love and support both of our children, no matter what. Still, deep in my heart of hearts, I found myself praying that he wouldn't be gay.
Last night he told us that his pregnant best friend had given birth and that he was the father. He told us that he deeply loves her and their child. I talked to her and she told me why she loves him.
I know that as teen parents they will face great obstacles. I find myself happy about this baby, though, and worse - happy that he isn't gay. Am I a bad person for feeling like this?

There is no financial reason for either of them to lie about this. She has her own money and has been emanicipated for 2 years. She owns her own home already. She believed that her rapist was the father. He was white. She is white. My son is biracial- I am white and my husband is black. The baby is clearly part black and looks just like my son.

Her money is from child modelling. She is emancipated and takes care of herself. We live in a small midwestern town where property is fairly cheap. Both are gifted students and take AP classes and dual enrollment. Both will graduate high school with Associate Degrees early, in December instead of May.

They had the DNA test taken from the cord blood at the hospital. They were doing the test anyway for additional evidence in the rape case.

I genuinely believe that he loves her. He looks at her like she is his entire world and she seems to love him as well. 

Last night he talked more about things. This is what he said to us when my husband asked why he didn't say anything when people at school called him gay.

"I'm not gay and I never have been. M-- isn't my first girlfriend, she's just the one I fell in love with. When they called me gay and stuff at school I didn't correct anybody because I don't think it's some crime to be gay. It isn't like they said I murdered someone or anything. It isn't anybody's business whether I'm gay or not anyway. I know there are a couple of guys who are gay, but they are afraid to admit it to people. I don't think they should have to be."

She said that his "martyrdom" regarding his sexuality was one of the things that drew her to him.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

DNA test came back today. He is the father! We didn't really doubt it, but we have our proof.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM

IDK...kinda not sold on this.

For one thing, I'd get a paternity test.

For another...I've personally known a guy who always showed feminine characteristics and was surprised when he got married and had three kids. Guess what? Yeah, he ended up getting divorced and announcing he is gay.

No matter what or who our kids are, we still love them, even though it may be a struggle - look at Cher and her daughter, now son...

rvb146
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM
No! Definitely not at you. It was for the first person. I was too lazy to search for the first comment before you replied. Sorry!

Quoting momoftwo0406:

What the hell did I do???

Lol I think you were quoting the first person not me but still funny.

Quoting rvb146:

Why your mother didn't abort you is beyond me. Fuck you.

Quoting momoftwo0406:

Maybe for the same reason you had kids. Not all teen parents are bad and irresponsible or live on PA.

Way to be a bitch btw

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Why all pregnant teens don't get abortions is beyond me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaeleesmommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Congrats on being a grandma! But my daughters grandpa is gay. He went through 15 years of marriage and having 2 sons and finally admitted he way gay. I love my exs dad. He is amazingly sweet. Point is just because he's now a father doesn't mean he's not gay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kalangel
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

hugs

Momma3830
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I found it funny how he said.
That his "best friend's" baby is his. NOT my GF or girl I'm dating or something like that.
Sounds like they were best friends, experimented then turned out she became pregnant. If you had suspicions that he might be gay. I'm sure it was for a reason.

Anyway... Congrats on the baby hope the DNA test gives you the results that y'all want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM
If everyone is happy and he love her than that's all that matters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM

same here!

Quoting twinmommy27:

I think I would feel that way because I wouldn't want my son being treated badly by society. If it was excepted by everyone,it wouldn't matter to me either way.

Quoting Anonymous:

i think a lot of us feel the same as you, whether we admit it or not....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:18 PM

He said "M--- had the baby and I'm the father" I said best friend because she has been his best friend since she moved here. He's always had female friends, but he's spent the most time with her than any other friend he's ever had.

Quoting Momma3830:

I found it funny how he said.
That his "best friend's" baby is his. NOT my GF or girl I'm dating or something like that.
Sounds like they were best friends, experimented then turned out she became pregnant. If you had suspicions that he might be gay. I'm sure it was for a reason.

Anyway... Congrats on the baby hope the DNA test gives you the results that y'all want.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Sorry, but I would be mega pissed and I think my DH would have a stroke. 

3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Well congratulations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)