Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to have to *ETA and pics on page 2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Get new beds for me and my daughter......her bed is two years old and mine is older scabies may be our culprit I've washed and changed everything (her bedding monday nite mine the other nite ) cleaned my house from top to bottom and she still gets them ugh! I'm going to start looking
hopefully today or tomorrow. This sucks she developed bumps on her legs lasnite and now they are spreading so it's off to the docs instead of enjoying the extra day I have with her.

Idk how else to keep this shit at bay I treated both myself and the last time and we were fine ........time to start bed hunting omg!

*ETA*

My brother also has a dog that has never been treated she was fine up until yesterday(we went to my moms and ended up keeping the dog company because he was outside all day I figured my mom would've been home from work but she wasn't).

Iam ashamed and embarassed as well as don't know what to do as far as ridding ourselves of everything that was given to us when we moved in to our apartment and scraping together money to buy all new stuff(which I have no money for)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erinandjohnny
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Scabies? Do you know for sure or are you guessing? Bed Bugs are everywhere now days. I have not personally gone through this but from what I've read or heard if you call an exterminator they can get rid of them. My cousin had them and she put the bed outside in the sun for 2 days had the house exterminated and now she hasn't had any problems. I'd try calling a pro before buying a new bed. I just had to get a new bed myself because my back was always hurting when I got up and WOW, I couldn't believe how expensive beds costs now. I got a great deal but still; $1200 bed only cost me $900.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM
She's had them before and I looked up a picture on webmd when scratched they look just like scabies. The apartment complex is a pain when it comes to an exterminator over the weekend i cleaned everything and swept all floors ect. I think she maybe getting them from my brothers untreated do that he won't take to the vet

Quoting erinandjohnny:

Scabies? Do you know for sure or are you guessing? Bed Bugs are everywhere now days. I have not personally gone through this but from what I've read or heard if you call an exterminator they can get rid of them. My cousin had them and she put the bed outside in the sun for 2 days had the house exterminated and now she hasn't had any problems. I'd try calling a pro before buying a new bed. I just had to get a new bed myself because my back was always hurting when I got up and WOW, I couldn't believe how expensive beds costs now. I got a great deal but still; $1200 bed only cost me $900.

charmgirl
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I don't have time right now to read ur whole post. But we jut had 2 deal with scabies. We got a mattress cover and pillow covers. Its been a very expensive process and time consuming cleaning everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinandjohnny
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Good luck and if she is getting them from your brothers dog and you invest in new beds you might have to take his dog to the vet or your guys aren't going to be able to go over there or you'll have the problem all over again. Are they like bed bugs and can get in you home just if your brother comes to your place without the dog?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM
My brother doesn't come over.......my mom had the same thing back when my daughter caught them just after she turned a year old(she'd came home with a rash on her legs and yesterday after being over my moms and playing with my brothers pitbull I noticed the bumps starting on her leg(knee area) and this morning on her arm(elbow area and in the crease of her arm where it bends)

Quoting erinandjohnny:

Good luck and if she is getting them from your brothers dog and you invest in new beds you might have to take his dog to the vet or your guys aren't going to be able to go over there or you'll have the problem all over again. Are they like bed bugs and can get in you home just if your brother comes to your place without the dog?

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM

There are hundreds of different things that could cause a "growing" rash. So it may not be scabies, although I wouldn't know what Scabies is seeing as I've never seen it. (Thank God, thats foul, no offense to you.) That being said I don't think changing mattresses is going to solve your problem.  If it's something on your bodies and you have already throughly cleaned and washed your home & bedding, getting a new bed isn't going to make anything different. Your bodies need to be taken care of, use lotions like Aquaphor, oatmeal baths, things like that befoe you splurge on new beds.

Machelle669
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:12 AM
BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM
There is poision ivy growing near my moms houseand in my complex(the office refuses to weed it out) I wonder if thats what it could be better to be safe then sorry

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

There are hundreds of different things that could cause a "growing" rash. So it may not be scabies, although I wouldn't know what Scabies is seeing as I've never seen it. (Thank God, thats foul, no offense to you.) That being said I don't think changing mattresses is going to solve your problem.  If it's something on your bodies and you have already throughly cleaned and washed your home & bedding, getting a new bed isn't going to make anything different. Your bodies need to be taken care of, use lotions like Aquaphor, oatmeal baths, things like that befoe you splurge on new beds.

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

It could be espcially if it's spreading on her. Luckily though poison ivy is not contagious to other ppl. Buy some cortisone cream and apply it frequently. I would have a fit if the office was refusing to weed it out. I would make my Beau go gather it all and pile it in front of the office door on the office doorknob. But I'm an asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Lol i'll post pics I took them with my cell phone so the pics are a lil shoddy

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

It could be espcially if it's spreading on her. Luckily though poison ivy is not contagious to other ppl. Buy some cortisone cream and apply it frequently. I would have a fit if the office was refusing to weed it out. I would make my Beau go gather it all and pile it in front of the office door on the office doorknob. But I'm an asshole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)