Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Naming kids after pets

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

I had a doberman growing up, best dog in the world, his name was Rocco. He died at age 11, I was 14. My son's middle name is Rocco:)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM
My cats name is Ivy. I would love to name my daughter that (if we ever had one) but DH says no way.

My SIL was named after a pet rabbit and she hates that lol. MIL always loved the name Marlo but she had 3 sons and thought shed never have a daughter so named the rabbit Marlo. Then she finally had a daughter and named her Marlo also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, Ivy is a pretty name

Quoting Anonymous:

My cats name is Ivy. I would love to name my daughter that (if we ever had one) but DH says no way.

My SIL was named after a pet rabbit and she hates that lol. MIL always loved the name Marlo but she had 3 sons and thought shed never have a daughter so named the rabbit Marlo. Then she finally had a daughter and named her Marlo also.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I know right?! Now I regret naming my cat that since I can't use it for my future daughter lol. Also the middle name is a good idea! I will try that :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Go for it! That'.s how my dh compromised with Rocco lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I know right?! Now I regret naming my cat that since I can't use it for my future daughter lol. Also the middle name is a good idea! I will try that :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:36 PM

We had a Maggie and heavily considered naming our second child Maggie but she was a strong willed and defiant dog so we went with another name. That daughter is plent of strong willed on her own, Lord help me. LOL

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Sentiment is sentiment...I don't see a problem with it. I would never do it, but then again my childhood pets were Popcorn and Gertrude (Trudy). lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

My mom had a cat named Kristal. She had to get rid of her when they moved to Japan. My name is Krista (middle inital L) and yes, the cat is the main inspiration....

ClassyMom619
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't think Tiger, Godiva or Dutchess would make good names for children, lol.

momalove123
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

:) I had a wonderful guinea pig years ago, he gave me the strength to leave an abusive boyfriend, my guinea pig died a year later after I left my boyfriend because he knew I would be okay without him, he was only here for that one purpose, his name was oliver,  my first born son's name is oliver he also has the middle name pippin after another special guinea pig who taught me to love without fear of losing them. I am pregnant now and if it's a girl she will be named molly, after a very special dog we had who got tragically killed and her life and death brought me and my mom closer together, we actually started talking to each other when we had molly and even more after she died, now I can talk to my mom about anything.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I can't do that. Which made it slightly hard to name our daughter. Alice and Jasmine were taken off the list real fast.

We wanted to name her Alice after Resident Evil, but my dad had a cat named Alice, she was very epic too.

Then we thought about Jasmine, because I love the scent of the Jasmine tree, but we had a pot belly pig named Jasmine.

The rest of our animals were named after Star Trek, Star Wars and Ren and Stimpy. So, it got pretty simple after that. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)