Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

success with weight loss pills?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Has anyone ever had success with weight loss pills AFTER you stopped taking them? I started eating right, and exercising and had lost a little bit of weight.. then my doctor gave me phentermine and I've been taking it for almost a month now. I've lost a good amount of weight but I've also made a lot more changes and I'm exercising a lot more etc.. I want to see how I do on my own again without the phentermine. I will keep up with this lifestyle change. However, even with all the changes I've made I'm starting to worry that I'll still end up gaining the weight back while maintaining this lifestyle... I've never taken diet pills before.. I can't find much about it online.. some people said they gained weight back but not saying whether they were eating right or not. A few people said they kept the weight off, but I'm really finding it hard to find much information at all.. I'd really like to find out from real people who have taken this or anything really because frankly the only thing you ever hear is negative things about diet pills and how you'll gain the weight back once you stop taking them.. I always assumed it was because people don't maintain a healthy lifestyle after they stop taking them but now I'm afraid I'll gain the weight back no matter what.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Replies (11-13):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:48 PM

That makes me feel better... how long were you on phentermine? Part of the reason I want to stop taking it is because I'm afraid of getting addicted to it.

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep:

I lost 70 on phenrtermine. Kept it off six months and then accidently got prego. I am now 20 above pre prego weight.

rollin3kidsdeep
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM
5 months. I weaned down to half a pill and then half every other day.

Quoting Anonymous:

That makes me feel better... how long were you on phentermine? Part of the reason I want to stop taking it is because I'm afraid of getting addicted to it.

Quoting rollin3kidsdeep:

I lost 70 on phenrtermine. Kept it off six months and then accidently got prego. I am now 20 above pre prego weight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Metformin kick started this diet for me, I stopped taking it after a month and I'm still losing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)