Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So my son should give up his room for DH's DD's?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Me and DH just bought a new home. We were renting a huge 7 bedroom home from my great grandma, she was in a nursing home so she rented it to us for very little. Between the 2 of us, we have 6 kids, I have 3 with my late DH, he has 2 and we have 1 together.  My great grandma died 3 months ago so my grandma is selling the house so we had to move out. We were very grateful to be able to live there for so long. Anyway, we bought a 4 bedroom home, we have one bedroom, my 2 girls (9 and 11)  share a room, my 8 year old boy has his own room and our almost 2 year old has her own room. We couldn't find a 5 or more bedroom that we could afford but his kids only visit us every other weekend so I figured they could sleep on the fold out couch. Then my DH said that he thinks his girls (the two with his ex) should get my 8 year old boy's room when they are here. I don't think that's fair at all, they have their own rooms at their mom's house, my son only has this room as his father passed away. He says his girls shouldnt' have to sleep on the couch, which makes me think "what, his girls are too good for it but my son isn't?" Am I the only one to think that that is unfair?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Why on earth would you buy a house that doesn't fit your entire family? Tell him to start building an extra room.

Because that's what we could afford in this area. We didn't want to leave the area because we don't want my kids to have to change schools and we don't want to move too far from his kids

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM
4 moms liked this

How about instead of having two twin beds have two bunk beds so when the other girls come over they can share the same room.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lostinindy:

I would make the 2 year old share a room with the sisters when they visit. Problem solved.

The almost 2 year old HAS to have her own room, she will not sleep at all if someone else is in there, she thinks it's play time or something and there for no one else in the room will sleep. Also between the 2 twin beds, 2 dressers and everything else in the room, there's really no room to put even a portable crib in there.

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Quoting :

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
12 moms liked this
I don't think it's ok to make children sleep on a couch at their parents' house. They shouldn't be made to feel like visitors. Your 2 y o does not NEED her own room, she needs to be taught bedtime is not playtime and she should be out to bed and be sleeping before older children have to go to bed.

Unless you have a basement you could convert to a bedroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinsies041
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
No?
His son already has a room else where.

Quoting Anonymous:

So only YOUR kids are special and get rooms?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Why dnt they room with the older girls and have a slumber party type thing? Especially being the only boy, he kinda needs that privacy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

why not have them share the room with ur 2 girls?

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Great solution.

Quoting LoveMyKBabies:

I'd get your girls bunk beds. When his girls come over, they'll sleep on the unused bunks. They sound like their roughly the same age & it would be good for them to spend more time together. I'd give the 4 girls the largest room, you & DH get the next biggest, then your son & the 2 year old get the 2 smallest. Well, it's probably what I'd do in this situation. Good luck Mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inkedmommy1414
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
trundle beds!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

4 teen/ preteen girls in one room...... that sounds like a good idea. We would be in there all night refereeing

Quoting Peytonsmom6308:

How about all the girls share a room? Two trundle beds ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)