Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will not make her eat ketchup.

Posted by   + Show Post
My 6 year old DD is not a picky eater. She loves oysters, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cottage cheese.

BUT- she Hates katchup!!

She will not touch anything that has ketchup on it. Burgers included.

My husband and I are on a trip to see his family and he stopped to get himself and DS something to eat. I fed DD and DS at home an hour ago, but he didn't like what I fixed so he didn't eat. DS is a bottomless pit so he is getting him some fries. When DD heard where DH was stopping she asked for a burger. DH says ok. I tell him to make sure it is just mayo and mustard.

He got mad at me! He said I am the reason she is picky and I should make her eat the burger the way it comes.

Am I wrong? Should I make her eat ketchup? She hates it.

Sorry ladies! I didn't realize I was spelling it wrong. Long day in the sun lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Ketchup is full of sugar, I wouldn't force my kids to eat it either.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
She doesn't want it. She doesn't have to eat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyes_mama
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Thank you! It's bc he can't just order a cheese burger, he has to order it special and that takes to long in his mind!

He didn't eat what I fixed before we left that's why he was even stopping for food.

Quoting Kenre:

Ketchup isnt a base food. Just ask for no ketchup. It isnt that hard to say when ordering. Whats your DH deal? I am sure there is something he doesnt like. Make him eat that food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleSquish
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM

no that's messed up. I used to HATE mustard and my dad would order it...was a waste of money because I didn't enjoy my food. Now I like mustard. She'll come around.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Well for one it's Ketchup not KATchup.... so learn how to spell!

Second of all if she doesn't like it, don't make her.

skyes_mama
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
We have been trying to eat healthier too. So I am fine without her eating it!

She has starte requesting ranch more though. But that's low fat and home made so I don't mind so much!

Quoting Anonymous:

Ketchup is full of sugar, I wouldn't force my kids to eat it either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaken1976
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
My kid eats everything except mashed potatoes and ice cream. I don't make her eat either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomVsBoys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM

It would be a wonderful world indeed if our children would just eat what whatever we give them.  Of course there's that whole thing about them being people (albeit small ones) and having their own tastes and preferences,  I don't like cheese, ds1 doesn't like ketchup, ds2 doesn't like dill pickles, NONE of us like mustard.  The really great thing about burgers is the getting to choose what you like on them.  Atyou is right, ketchup is basically red sugar,  that's like getting mad at a kid for not eating their desert - after they ate all their carrots and broccoli.

FranciRed
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Oh good gracious. The world won't spontaneously combust if she hates the red stuff. I wouldn't force her. She can try it when she's ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM
*ketchup
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)