Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am having 2nd thoughts...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
on my wedding dress. We have the wedding planned for next year sometime(narrowing our dates down monday.) We have been engaged for 2 years now. Im ready to be married as is he. just I've been having second thoughts since I brought the dress home may 6th. ok I will explain my dress but please keep in mind I am a non tradtional bride. My dress was a prom dress made by alfred angelo. it is electric orange with a light green tule on top with a few sequins in the bodice area. if I could post pics I would but im mobile. df went with me to buy it and he liked it. I liked it at the time but now I am not liking it. ugh what do I do? I really dont want to wear white(bigger girl). my dream wedding was to have a winter wedding with blue and silver. df wants to get married at the lake we camp at outside of the cabin. ugh. help!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
all_4_my_son
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Change it up and do a silver dress :)

It's your wedding....no one says you have to do white
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dilateyourmind
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:13 AM

if that is the biggest worry you have.......................... I like wild and crazy colors. Do what you like and don't sweat it!

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM
If you're having second thoughts don't settle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Before you decide on a dress, you should decide on a venue and time of year. You want a dress that will keep you warm if it is Winter, and dress that will not be too hot if you marry in the Summer. I will be married ten years on the 22nd, of this month. (Yay!) I chose a dress that had a ball gown sort of shape, but we left the extra crinoline out because I didn't want it to be too heavy in the Summer heat. My dress also had straps and no sleeves. It was lighter than most wedding gowns and I planned that on purpose since Summers in North Carolina can be brutal.

I did have a white gown, and I'm a larger gal, but I can respect the fact that you want something different. In the end, pick what is going to be the most comfortable because you are going to wear that dress all day and I have known women that were nearly driven crazy because they were tugging and pulling at their dresses all day. As far as colors go, you should choose the colors of your wedding and then absolutely stick to them. I think that your dress should complement your wedding colors. You and your df need to sit down and discuss what your theme/colors will be. The venue and time of year will play into that as well. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM
It's just money is tight. its going to be a small wedding (20 people tops) and maybe a bigger reception. i mean honestly what color besides black and brown and green go with orange? im tempted to go to david's bridal and see what they have for $99 during their sale. also wisH I knew how to sew and Id just make an infinity dress like we had talked about orginally!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM
i have asked df the time of year, the theme/colors, a venue idea and all he responds with is "Honey I love you, but you are the woman and I am the man. When a woman plans a wedding, she plans it for herself and all the male has to do is show up and say "I DO" and be happy." yes he loves me dearly just he cant stand all the work for a wedding. he just would rather go to a jop and have 2 cops sign the paper kind of thing.

Quoting Aleta775:

Before you decide on a dress, you should decide on a venue and time of year. You want a dress that will keep you warm if it is Winter, and dress that will not be too hot if you marry in the Summer. I will be married ten years on the 22nd, of this month. (Yay!) I chose a dress that had a ball gown sort of shape, but we left the extra crinoline out because I didn't want it to be too heavy in the Summer heat. My dress also had straps and no sleeves. It was lighter than most wedding gowns and I planned that on purpose since Summers in North Carolina can be brutal.

I did have a white gown, and I'm a larger gal, but I can respect the fact that you want something different. In the end, pick what is going to be the most comfortable because you are going to wear that dress all day and I have known women that were nearly driven crazy because they were tugging and pulling at their dresses all day. As far as colors go, you should choose the colors of your wedding and then absolutely stick to them. I think that your dress should complement your wedding colors. You and your df need to sit down and discuss what your theme/colors will be. The venue and time of year will play into that as well. Good luck.

Aleta775
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Since your df doesn't seem to care, then it sounds like you will have to make the decisions. Pink, and yellow also go well with orange. Personally, it sounds like if you have an orange and green dress, then a hot pink or fushia color would look awesome. Those are amazing colors for Spring or Summer. You can also find flowers that will look great with all that, and maybe a touch of white or light blue just to soften those bright colors. :) Also with the bright colors that you have, you could make sort of an Indian or Tropical theme. That could be beautiful!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's just money is tight. its going to be a small wedding (20 people tops) and maybe a bigger reception. i mean honestly what color besides black and brown and green go with orange? im tempted to go to david's bridal and see what they have for $99 during their sale. also wisH I knew how to sew and Id just make an infinity dress like we had talked about orginally!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:21 AM
im not sure how well Indian or tropical would work in iowa. lol. never know what the weather brings. lol i just wish I didnt buy this dress. then I could be free and not kicking myself for wasting $105. thank you so much for all your ideas. im googling the infinity dress. it was my dream dress but not for the winter wedding

Quoting Aleta775:

Since your df doesn't seem to care, then it sounds like you will have to make the decisions. Pink, and yellow also go well with orange. Personally, it sounds like if you have an orange and green dress, then a hot pink or fushia color would look awesome. Those are amazing colors for Spring or Summer. You can also find flowers that will look great with all that, and maybe a touch of white or light blue just to soften those bright colors. :) Also with the bright colors that you have, you could make sort of an Indian or Tropical theme. That could be beautiful!

Quoting Anonymous:

Aleta775
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:05 AM

$105.00? Pfffftttt. Darlin', don't worry about it. Just pick a different dress. I know that you are on a budget, but in the grand scheme of things $105.00 is NOT a lot of money. Especially when you consider how much money people CAN plunk down on a wedding dress. My dress was about $400.00, and I think I totally lucked out on how much it cost.  

Just tell your df that you've had a change of heart and the dress you've purchased is just not going to work. You call sell that dress on ebay, craigslist, or at a consignment shop and get most of your money back. Then you can relax, and start anew.

Quoting Anonymous:

im not sure how well Indian or tropical would work in iowa. lol. never know what the weather brings. lol i just wish I didnt buy this dress. then I could be free and not kicking myself for wasting $105. thank you so much for all your ideas. im googling the infinity dress. it was my dream dress but not for the winter wedding

Quoting Aleta775:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:29 AM
i did buy it at consignment. it was $300 brand new. i lucked out on it. im going to talk to df on monday/tuesday(only days he has off we can talk or see each other) and tell him he needs to help. if not then there is no wedding til he can make up his mind on what he wants for OUR special day. sometimes i just want to smack him. lol

Quoting Aleta775:

$105.00? Pfffftttt. Darlin', don't worry about it. Just pick a different dress. I know that you are on a budget, but in the grand scheme of things $105.00 is NOT a lot of money. Especially when you consider how much money people CAN plunk down on a wedding dress. My dress was about $400.00, and I think I totally lucked out on how much it cost.  

Just tell your df that you've had a change of heart and the dress you've purchased is just not going to work. You call sell that dress on ebay, craigslist, or at a consignment shop and get most of your money back. Then you can relax, and start anew.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aleta775:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured