Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister is getting married in October :'( Her colors are teal, yellow and silver. What do you think of this dress? What if I wore a silver ribbon belt with a yellow flower as well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Replies (21-30):
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Actually the color looks good on me lol. I don't love the dress but it's the only thing remotely close to her color in a style she approves and a price I can deal with.

Quoting SnowWhiteDS:

The dress design is beautiful but its the color, you can dress a better color that suit you more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Yea it's not super fancy.

Quoting BrookeLisette:

It looks kind of casual ... is her wedding informal? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I like it but if you're in the wedding shouldn't she pick? If not you shouldn't match the wedding party
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM
It's cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:40 AM
She told us to pick our dresses, but she has the opportunity to veto if necessary.

Quoting HIJKLM:

I like it but if you're in the wedding shouldn't she pick? If not you shouldn't match the wedding party
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM
That would definitely be a no. it's not modest lol.

Quoting BrookeLisette:

http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/catalog/productDetails.jsp?prodId=258975&skuId=89521281&cid=CS002&ci_src=64119933&ci_sku=89521281&gclid=CNPhsYuF0rACFcEDtgodBHO0zg

I LOVEEEE THIS aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's a smokin' good deal!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrookeLisette
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Bummer!  Ann Taylor is classic.  

Do you conisder it not modest because it's strapless?  It is considerably longer than the one you selected, and the on in the OP is also a stretchy fabric (which will hug every inch of your body)!   

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting BrookeLisette:

http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/catalog/productDetails.jsp?prodId=258975&skuId=89521281&cid=CS002&ci_src=64119933&ci_sku=89521281&gclid=CNPhsYuF0rACFcEDtgodBHO0zg

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Lol then ask her not us

Quoting ColieO:

She told us to pick our dresses, but she has the opportunity to veto if necessary.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM
She'd freak out over it not having sleeves and showing cleavage. Even if I wore something over it. She's the type to wear shorts under skirts and dresses... Lol.

Quoting BrookeLisette:

Bummer!  Ann Taylor is classic.  

Do you conisder it not modest because it's strapless?  It is considerably longer than the one you selected, and the on in the OP is also a stretchy fabric (which will hug every inch of your body)!   

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting BrookeLisette:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)