Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why can't you take me to buy drugs?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got chewed out by my sister for not taking her to buy drugs. Apparently that makes me a shitty sister. I know she is only being a b**** because she is an addict but it is pissing me off. She just moved back into the house 4 days ago (my dad's house, I have been here since my ex and I split up) She has cussed me out because I wouldn't let her take the car somewhere (she has no insurance) and because I won't take her to buy drugs. Our dad is a deputy and paying for the house and the cars. I find it highly disrespectful for her to do the sh*t she does. One of the last times she came over she threw a can of Pillsbury biscuit dough at my head which flew over DD's head in the process. I have just about had it with her bullsh*t!

Vent over....

by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Replies (21-30):
armybratmom612
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Do you know her addiction? I know what it's like from both sides. I have been the addict doing anything to get another fix and seriously some crazy crap to get a fix. I've also dealt with the struggles of loving and livin with an addict it's hard just protect your child from her an hopefully she can wake up and see what her life is now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DarlaHood
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM

So sorry for you!  I have also loved people through addiction, and it just sucks!!  So frustrating the lengths they will go, the selfishness, and their excuses and manipulations.  You are so doing the right thing though.  It just stinks that your dad won't set some boundaries about her being there.  Really, you and your dd should not be subjected to this, and neither should he.  She needs to nurture her addiction somewhere else until she gets serious about getting into recovery.

wodntulk2kno1
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Its always someone other then the addicts fault.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM

How can you help your dad have it in him to do what is right for her and stop enabling her?

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Tell dad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MFCsarah
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Meth is her drug of choice....

Quoting armybratmom612:

Do you know her addiction? I know what it's like from both sides. I have been the addict doing anything to get another fix and seriously some crazy crap to get a fix. I've also dealt with the struggles of loving and livin with an addict it's hard just protect your child from her an hopefully she can wake up and see what her life is now

wubbunny420
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:56 AM

My baby brother overdosed on drugs a few weeks ago. Your a good sister for not taking her and she may not think so but you are doing whats right

MFCsarah
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I tell him almost everything she does... When I feel it is a direct disregard for his rules I tell him. If she leaves to go do something I don't say anything because it is not 100% proven that she is out getting high, she probably is but I cannot prove it at the moment. He knows she is an addict and still uses. As far as we know, she doesn't do it at the house (that is also only because we haven't proven that she does). I told him when she threw things at me, I told him when she yelled at my DD, I told him she wanted me to take her to buy drugs, and I told him she was trying to take the car.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Tell dad?

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Does he realize, in his home or not, it could affect his job?

Quoting MFCsarah:

I tell him almost everything she does... When I feel it is a direct disregard for his rules I tell him. If she leaves to go do something I don't say anything because it is not 100% proven that she is out getting high, she probably is but I cannot prove it at the moment. He knows she is an addict and still uses. As far as we know, she doesn't do it at the house (that is also only because we haven't proven that she does). I told him when she threw things at me, I told him when she yelled at my DD, I told him she wanted me to take her to buy drugs, and I told him she was trying to take the car.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Tell dad?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MFCsarah
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I am soooo sorry about your brother. That is one thing I am terrified of, especially since she lives here. I said in a PP that we don't know for sure that she uses while here, but it is not unlikely, and I am afraid I will wake up one day and find her dead. Thank you for the encouraging words though.

Quoting wubbunny420:

My baby brother overdosed on drugs a few weeks ago. Your a good sister for not taking her and she may not think so but you are doing whats right

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN