Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure how to help him...:(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My husband just decided he was going to admit himself to the mental hospital. :(

He wouldnt tell me why...He just said he was going kissed me and left. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Sorry... At least he's getting help.
mama_2_jasper
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:50 AM
Damn. That's going to be me one day. Hope he gets the help he needs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Just support him. Make sure he knows you're there if he needs you. Don't push - just be quietly supportive, understanding, and encouraging. That's what I needed when I was admitted as a depressed teen, anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 AM

:(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Im at a loss for words. :( 

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Just let him go and get help. He will eventually open up to you. At least he has the sense to get help when its needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Has he seemed like he might be hearing voices? Or depressed? Either way, good to hear he's getting help. Just support him and let him know you'll help however u can. Good luck momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:55 AM

damn, that is one hell of a way to end a night. I hope it isn't serious and that he is ok.

I would support him without pressuring him to confide in you. just let him know you are always there to listen and help

stephjohn
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I have dealt with mental illness my whole life between my parents and I. Take that as a very good thing he has taken intiative. They'll probally admitt him for a 72 hr evaluation. Go see him tomorrow and try and talk to him. But I woutn't take the kid/s with you though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:09 AM

He's been very depressed. :( He's in the army and a part of him wants out and part of him wants to stay...and its been building up and building up. :( And, weve been fighting everyday for weeks. And, he's told me he fights because that's the only way he knows how to cope with everything and that he doesnt know how to change his thoughts into words without fighting. . . Hoping maybe it will help. Also hoping he doesnt get into trouble with the army for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)