Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's so hard to become a vegetarian

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM
  • 21 Replies
I tell you, it's hard to stop eating meat. Every time I eat a chicken sandwich or hamburger or steak or pork chop, I think of those poor helpless animals. But I still eat it! Part of me doesnt even want meat anymore, then the other part says eat it anyways. I cant stand to think that this poor helpless animal was slaughered just to feed us. Do you ever think like that?
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tea4Tas
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Nope.  They were born and bred so I could eat them.  And read up on how the dairy industry in this country works and how veal keeps milk cheap, and then you wouldn't be able to eat milk or cheese anymore.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Yes. We buy only organic meat and eggs, yea it's a little bit more expensive, but at least we know where our meat comes from. We also like that the animals are vegetarian fed instead of fed corn and antibiotics. They're also free roaming.
..guesswho..
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:36 AM
I kind of do yes. More so really recently for some reason. It gets to me to know I am eating a cow or pig. I don't know why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauraand3kids
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Oh lord, if I do, I will have more to think about, Lol, everyone keeps telling me that same very reason.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Nope.ย  They were born and bred so I could eat them.ย  And read up on how the dairy industry in this country works and how veal keeps milk cheap, and then you wouldn't be able to eat milk or cheese anymore.....

RhondaVeggie
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Go watch some documentaries. Food Inc is decent, not too graphic. I hear Meet Your Meat is good and very graphic if that would help more. That should help get rid of any lingering desire to eat meat.
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

The only times I feel this way are when I actually see the animal.  When we go fishing or something like that.  I can't pick out a lobster at a restaurant, I can't kill them myself.  However, I also feel like it's part of life, part of the food web, etc.

epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM
3 moms liked this
One word:

BACON

That is all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I was a vegetarian for 8 yrs. But I didn't do it to save animals. It was just a healthier life choice, and easier to just cook one meal since Dh was a vegetarian when I married him. We switched back to meat once I became pregnant and couldn't keep anything veggie down.

Honestly if your finding it difficult to stick to a veggie diet, maybe its not for you.

lauraand3kids
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM
I have always wanted organic in my home, but yeah, it's definitely expensive. So we stay away from a lot of that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. We buy only organic meat and eggs, yea it's a little bit more expensive, but at least we know where our meat comes from. We also like that the animals are vegetarian fed instead of fed corn and antibiotics. They're also free roaming.

MommaNay156
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Why don't you start off slowly. Add more veggies and sea food into your diet as your weaning off your meat consumption little by little. Till eventually no more meat!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN