Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate the term 'sperm donor'...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

being used in reference to men that don't do what the mothers want them to. I see it on here all the time in reference to biological fathers that don't take care of their kids...drives me nuts. Actual sperm donors donate their sperm anonymously and are usually reimbursed for it and know they will more times than not have any kind of responsibility tied to the child they will possible create. Sperm donors aren't doing a disservice to our society like deadbeats are....deadbeat parents are the ones that don't take care of their responsibilities...sperm donors only have one job and I they shouldn't be associated with crappy parents....sheesh....

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
katatrinakay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I totally agree.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you are allowing him to give sperm donors bad names.

Quoting briellesmomma:

He was a evil, heartless fucking sick bastard. He was a sperm donor. That's it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was she raped?  I think this would make an exception.  Then the guy doesn't even deserve to be scum.  However most women who have "sperm donors" do not have children as the result of rape.

Quoting briellesmomma:

OK. Glad you think so. Good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, no.  He's not an actual sperm donor and your mom is responsible as well. 

That was the whole point of defining the difference in a true sperm donor and the scum that leave women with children (expected or not).

Quoting briellesmomma:

And you got that out of what?

As I said, I don't care enough to explain. For all I care he can rot in hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your mom wanted a child when she had sex with him?  That was her intent and he knew this?

Quoting briellesmomma:

Might as well had.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did he really donate sperm...like at a sperm bank?

Quoting briellesmomma:

I was talking about the man who donated sperm to my mom. Which is why I said MY Bio sperm donor. And I don't feel anything negative about it. Fuck him.

Quoting katatrinakay:

see, somehow, being an ACTUAL real life donor kid... I am almost offended by that...  and by the overuse of the term on cm....  :(  it makes me feel kinda worthless.. how does it make your kid feel?

Quoting briellesmomma:

My Bio sperm donor is just that a sperm donor. Deadbeat is wayyyy to good of a term for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katatrinakay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:02 AM
.....oy, anger......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I'll just call my own "father"..asshole. That suits him better anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM

It angers me too mama....hence the post...but why are always men the bad ones...what do we call deadbeat moms? Egg donors?

Quoting katatrinakay:

.....oy, anger......

katatrinakay
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:05 AM
No, he was a bastard. Call him that. He doesnt deserve to be called a sperm donor.
making a "donation" seems far too charitable.

Quoting briellesmomma:

He was a evil, heartless fucking sick bastard. He was a sperm donor. That's it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Was she raped?  I think this would make an exception.  Then the guy doesn't even deserve to be scum.  However most women who have "sperm donors" do not have children as the result of rape.

Quoting briellesmomma:

OK. Glad you think so. Good day.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, no.  He's not an actual sperm donor and your mom is responsible as well. 

That was the whole point of defining the difference in a true sperm donor and the scum that leave women with children (expected or not).

Quoting briellesmomma:

And you got that out of what?

As I said, I don't care enough to explain. For all I care he can rot in hell.

Quoting Anonymous:

So your mom wanted a child when she had sex with him?  That was her intent and he knew this?

Quoting briellesmomma:

Might as well had.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did he really donate sperm...like at a sperm bank?

Quoting briellesmomma:

I was talking about the man who donated sperm to my mom. Which is why I said MY Bio sperm donor. And I don't feel anything negative about it. Fuck him.

Quoting katatrinakay:

see, somehow, being an ACTUAL real life donor kid... I am almost offended by that...  and by the overuse of the term on cm....  :(  it makes me feel kinda worthless.. how does it make your kid feel?

Quoting briellesmomma:

My Bio sperm donor is just that a sperm donor. Deadbeat is wayyyy to good of a term for him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:52 AM

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I disagree with why women use this term, but agree that it is an awful term to use.

Lisse_2006
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think if you have not walked a mile in the shoes of the woman saying a term about the father, then don't judge her.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Exactly.

My son has a sperm donor. Used to be a guy I loved, almost married and who told me he wanted kids so I trusted him. 4 months pregnant and he left me broke and single. Hasn't done jack shit for the kid HE said he wanted.

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I understand why some women use the term for a dead beat dad.  Sperm donor has no emotional attachment to it. Their parental involvement was nothing more than a transaction, like a sperm donor. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilelovesmile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:59 AM

my sister of 23 (my twin) calls our dad a sperm donor because that is how often he was in our lives, physically, emotionally, and monitarily. I think its a reference to the fact that the men who donate do not have any part in their childs life and they can act like they dont have children because in all reality they do not know and dont. and that is how some dead beat dads act like they do not have children, so essentially they jusy 'donated' their sperm to make a wonderful child who was raised by one biological parent. I call deadbeat moms egg donors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)