Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does anyone think about the expenses that come with children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have  been reading a lot of posts.No  includes childcare in their equation when thinking about having kids??For pete sake  people spend more  time  on choosing a dog then planning for a baby.FFS

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Replies (41-50):
GabrielRiley
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I never thought about day care, I am lucky enough to have family near me that will watch him while I work and do school, why would I want to do day care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommototwo
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I wish we had that luxury. We had to move my mother in with us because she was struggling and she works 40+ hours a week. My husband's parents are in need of daycare themselves since they had more children late in the game.

Quoting bmw29:

Child care was and is a non issue for us. I stay home and we also have these things called grandparents. They seem to be a dying breed in todays world. Grandparents that are happy, ready and willing to watch their grandchildren for free anytime.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
Daycare is something i'm deathly afraid of doing but I would like to try and take one class at the local community college and with dd's dads and sm's help I could pull it off easily(i'd pay for that one class out of pocket ) but i'm not sure they'd be willing to help. So in the end daycare might be best even tho I know her daddy would love extra time with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM
my dad was willing to watch dd but he's gone and my mom refuses sodaycare might be an option for me.

Quoting Mommototwo:

I wish we had that luxury. We had to move my mother in with us because she was struggling and she works 40+ hours a week. My husband's parents are in need of daycare themselves since they had more children late in the game.

Quoting bmw29:

Child care was and is a non issue for us. I stay home and we also have these things called grandparents. They seem to be a dying breed in todays world. Grandparents that are happy, ready and willing to watch their grandchildren for free anytime.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Child care is a nonissue if you are planning to raise your own kids. Saying people are irresponsible for not considering the cost of sending their genius child to a special school or budgeting for traveling to St Jude's when their kid gets cancer. If it's something you will almost certainly never need then why would you put off having kids till you have it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM

We don't have to budget for child care, Grandpa is moving in to help take care of her so we can both work.

RhondaVeggie
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Or we planned to have kids and had a plan in place so we could be home to raise them. If I couldn't afford to stay home and raise kids I wouldn't have had them.

Quoting momof6nokc:

NO.  they just hit up Joe Taxpayer to feed and house their kids while they sit at home proclaiming a false "right" to be a stay at home mom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Machelle669
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:14 AM
bump

mollyk124
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I don't think that most pregnancies are planned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderouslife84
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM

sure we thought about it. never thought about divorce because it hadnt come up until he took off with my bestfriend lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)