Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm SO irritated!
Ok. My husband keeps his truck key and his key fob separate. Welllll he thinks it's ok to leave the truck running with AC on and locked, WHILE MY 1YO IS IN THE BACK! I keep telling him "NO! You CAN NOT do this!" and the worst part is, he should know better because he's a cop! It pisses me off to no fucking end!
Any ideas on how to get this through to him without breaking my fist against his face? I know he's done it twice while bringing food to me at work and the door is right there by his truck. But it scares the crap out of me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Replies (11-18):
KimmisMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM
He gets SO mad when I tell him that this is wrong! But he IS wrong! As I work 11 hours a day so sometimes he has to go out without me. Idk. I feel helpless while I'm here at work.

Quoting brettsmomma:

He doesn't get to take your child anywhere until he realises it. Being a cop makes it all the worse in my opinion. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KimmisMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM
He just brought me food and I talked to him about it. He said he would never realt leave her in there that he was jk. Idk.

Quoting Bren07:

Call his boss and have his boss remind him why this is illegal and very unsafe. Cops should know better and show others by example! I'd kick him square in the nuts if I saw that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I bet he would have something to say if someone else did this,does he think because he is a cop he is above the law?

KimmisMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM
No he doesn't think he's above the law lol. He just thinks that because it's for a split second to run in and grab my food I pre ordered that it's ok. But it still scares me

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet he would have something to say if someone else did this,does he think because he is a cop he is above the law?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsprofval
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Please remind him it is too easy for kids to get out of the car seat and put the car in gear and cause a wreck. I've seen this happen and NEVER left my kids in the car with the car running.

Bren07
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Remind him that other parents have been arrested for less when it comes to kids. And he's a police officer. He is setting an example to the public. It is NOT alright. Not for an hour not for a second. What would happen if someone broke in and drove the hell away with your baby in back?

Quoting KimmisMom:

No he doesn't think he's above the law lol. He just thinks that because it's for a split second to run in and grab my food I pre ordered that it's ok. But it still scares me

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.KitKat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Then it's time to go and get your own food while you are at work. or brown bag it.

KimmisMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Ya, kinda hard to do when I'm here for 12 hours a day and I can't leave! Regardless, he still drives places wit her. Me bringing my own food to work is not the issue =|

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Then it's time to go and get your own food while you are at work. or brown bag it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN