Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Family" is left money after death....Guess I am not family....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

My Grandfather recently passed away. He was my Mom's stepdad. My Mom has been dead since I was a child. Well...everyone alway said "You are family to him, even if it isn't by blood" But then I got nothing when he passed. It isn't about the money....it just says that I wasn't family to him like I thought. Makes me question a lot.... Makes me wonder if I dont matter/am not really considered family by the rest of them....

To those of you who have made me realize that I am just blowing this out of proportion and connecting 2 things that shouldn't be, thank you. I feel better now. He mattered to me, and I am sure I did to him. And thank you also for the condolences, we are doing okay most of the time...and hopefully 'they' are right that it gets easier with time. I am leaving this post now, because it just isn't worth arguing with the people who think I am just a money hungry piece of shit. Thanks again to those of you who offered logic/support.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KitT.Kat
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
14 moms liked this

I hate when people do this shit. When my grandparents died the whole goddamn family turned on each other with everyone being a whiny, bitchy little beggar screaming about how they need something to prove that they were really loved.

Disgusting. 

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I am sorry. huggs.

vixen42
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM

my stepgrandpa did the same it does make you wonder.I think if you are family then if it is by blood or not shouldn't matter.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I would rather have happy memories of my Papaw than money...

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM
What a dick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Exactly. And the family is so small to begin with, that if I don't have who I thought I did...then I really have no one. It's just messing with my mind.

Quoting vixen42:

my stepgrandpa did the same it does make you wonder.I think if you are family then if it is by blood or not shouldn't matter.

Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I'm not family to my grandparents on my dads side, they despise me for unknown reasons. My moms parents are dead, so I don't really have grandparents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:50 PM
when my grandmother died (dads mom) i got nothing...oh well.

sorry you werent left anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM
6 moms liked this
Because money and material things are absolutely necessary to know that they loved you when they were living...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Did I say I would rather have the money? I think I said it isn't even about the money....it's about the fact that I thought we WERE family the whole time...and now it makes me question how he really felt. I mean...I wasn't 'family' to him like I thought...now was I? THAT is where the issue is, not with the fucking money!

Quoting LucyMom08:

I would rather have happy memories of my Papaw than money...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)