Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
How many people do you trust to watch your kid(s)?

Do you have requirements in a babysitter/ caregiver?

I trust one person (and her family) i would trust my parents but since Kedryn has medical issues theyre not comfortable, and they wouldn't know how to handle the situation if -say his gtube fell out.

The woman and her family i trust watch ds on a regular basis. She's a nurse practitioner and has worked with gtube and special needs kids for YEARS (she was even the head nurse when dh was born as a preemie!)

Do how about you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
avajeansmomma
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My parents and my older brother and his wife are the only ones that watch my kids. (my parents are the only ones who have them overnight) My parents are very involved in my kids lives. They spent the first week of summer vacation their. They were so happy they could more than just a weekend. My inlaws live almost 3,000 miles away, so obviously that's not possible.
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:18 PM

There are 9 people total. I had to think about that for a minute. I have lots of requirements (too many to list out) but basically I should be comfortable and trust the person 1000% with my children.

NoahandEliza
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM
My mil, my sisters and mom and a couple of friends. Our babysitter that we pay is our neighbors daughter. She's in college now, but we've basically watched her grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM
DH's mum, his sister, and our nanny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sky375
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM
My parents. His parents.
If its for like 10 minutes to run across the road or to the store then there is a family here that has older children and they are great with DD.
But if it's over night or something... Only our parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moon_dust
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM
My mother, my mil, my sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM
I trust my parents. That's it so far. He is only three months old though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Family and my DCP.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

The only people I trust to watch my kids are my Dh, my parents, my inlaws, and my sister.  The only thing I ask is that they don't feed my kids junk food before dinner.  I know my kids. If they fill up on crap, they won't eat nutritous food.  Also on the rare occasion, when dh and I have date night, and my parents or inlaws are  keeping them overnight, I ask them to try to get the kids to bed before 10pm. My kids are grumpy the next day if they don't get at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)