Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw a dead body this afternoon....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
2 moms liked this
Tonight, my boyfriend and I were on our way to his parents house and we saw a motorcycle and 2 people laying in the intersection....my boyfriend is a fireman, so he pulled over and ran to the scene...he was the first, first responder on scene.

I watched him perform CPR on the man until paramedics arrived and even when paramedics got there, he was still trying and then the fire department grabbed the blue tarp which tends to mean that the person is dead.

My boyfriend was taken into an ambulance, to have the blood cleaned off of him and when he came out, he told me that the man had in fact been killed.

A teenage girl somehow hit the motorcycle and I stood there and watched her sob and collapse to the ground because if what happened and was screaming ''I didn't see them, in swear!!''

I cried a bit because it was all so hard to witness, especially since I'm trying to go back to school to be a paramedic...I don't know if I could handle seeing things like that.

My boyfriend and I ride his motorcycle all the time so this has made me so much more aware of the risks.
Please watch for bikes....someone elses life depends on it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM
sorry you had to see that. I seen a man choke to death once, at i30 speedway in little rock..was scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I'm sorry.  Stuff like that is awful to see.  I came upon a similar situation when I was 14 except I was the only one to try and help.  I was totally covered in blood.  The man died.  I have never forgotten him and I am still slightly traumatized by it 23 years late.

dyke_127
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Ya is scarry out there. How are you going to do that job?

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Not only watch for them - give them extra room.  And bicycles too - they can't go as fast as you can.

jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM
but out of curiousity, why anonymous?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM
That's scary. My DH rides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

that is horrible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM
I don't suppose you are in WA, and this was up by Smokey Point?
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Here in michigan gov snyder reappealed the helmet law now motorcyclists don't need helmets but snyder screwed us all up because we could easily get convicted of killing a person who's riding a bike when the helmet could've save that persons life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I'm so sorry.

We had a horrible motorcycle accident take place on the lawn in front of my workplace when I was still working. Two people died. One was a teen & the otehr was a women we all knew. She was the wife of one of our residents. I still think of that day a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured