Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please, keep your stupid opinion to yourself. thnx. gah!

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I am finally home from the hospital. Not 100% yet, it will be a while before I am. So when my SO had to go to the store today, we hit a dilemma. He didn't want to leave me alone, but my wheelchair isn't coming until Monday and I am no where near strong enough for walking through a store. I barely make it from the car to the house with my walker. :(

Needless to say, at 24 years old that sucks enough. So, he suggested I just use one of the stores power scooters. I sucked up my pride and agreed. I ignored the looks, whatever. But while we were in line waiting to check out some bitch just HAD to "whisper" to whomever she was with "I can't believe healthy people just take those things, what if someone who needs it can't now?! Just being pregnant is not a reason, that is just plain lazy"

Shamefully, I admit, no witty comeback slipped off my tongue, I just teared up. Tried not to start bawling right there in the grocery store. She doesn't know. She isn't aware that just because I look healthy, I have lupus and its attacking my nervous system and I've been in the hospital the last 3 weeks and I don't know if I will ever walk completely normally again. Sigh.

Still, I wish she had just kept her stupid mout shut. Enough of my pride and dignity is already gone. :(

End rant. People suck. Ok, really, end rant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (31-40):
SweetPea05
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Which is why I'm trying not to be TOO angry, but ugh! It suuucks! And being in that stupid thing was embarrassing enough lol

Quoting sweetieiv:

I'm not saying that what she said was ok at all BUT i do in a way see her point (the rude bitch at the stre) i have seen people not even pregnant just walk perfectly fine up to the scooters and just mess around in them. I have thought that was so fucked up. I've never whispered anything to anybody but yeah i have thought it. I'm sorry it happened to you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bibadiva73
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM
If people knew how to be less judgemental, the world might be a better place. Do what makes you comfortable, take care of yourself and keep your head up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Lol

My husband would've exploded. He has a temper and a mouth like I do. He doesn't like people dissing me like that, and gets all macho male when they do. Rofl

Quoting SweetPea05:

I seriously felt like I had swallowed my damn tongue! And spent the next hour or so coming up with comebacks and replaying the scenario in my head with my comeback. Haha.

You should have seen my SO, looked like his head was going to explode!

Quoting AdellesMom:

(((HUGS)))

I would've said something to her to make her feel dumb as hell.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea05
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I will literally wear it EVERYDAY. Lmfao!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll make you one and send it to you, LOL.

Quoting SweetPea05:

I love this idea. So much :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you should just constantly wear t-shirts that say "Fuck you, I'm AWESOME!" LOL

Let them hate. You know you rock. ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HollyBoBolly
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Sorry that happened.  I would have looked her dead in the eye and said, "I have lupus."  I'm sure she would have been embarrassed.  

SweetPea05
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I literally just shot grape juice out my damn nose. Which, btw burns.

Fuck. Haha... I may love you. Lol

Quoting cherrywaves21:

That's you always carry a travel size container of Vaseline and a razor blade. So you can slice a bitch easily and discreetly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassie19831
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

So sorry. People need to not be so judgemental. Hope things get better. hugs

usmcwife.mommy2
Next time just start saying "beep beep beep" and put the thing in reverse and run them over!

Stay strong mamma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

:( I have lupus/RA combo. I totally understand and hope you feel better soon. 

wedding ticker

SweetPea05
1 mom liked this
*standing still*

:}

Quoting LYxTHUY:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured