Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

any good reasons 2 stay married after he had an affair?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

is there any good reason to stay married after he cheated?

He said it didn't go on for long.

She gave me contradictory information.

The truth is that there was an affair and they have a daughter.

It looks like this went on for about 7 years.

I don't know what hurts me more: the fact that he cheated or the fact that he didnt use condoms

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM
I had a child with a married man. His wife found out when he was 2 1/2. She is still with her husband. Some people forgive and try to work things out. Only you can make that decision at the end of the day.
Vertical15
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

To me, thats not just cheating.  Thats living a double life.  I would leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM

There is no way in Hell that I would stay. Ultimately it's your choice.

zaftigmama
by Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope. none at all. Leave the bastard and take anything that isn't nailed down.

snakesNsnails
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I have forgiven mine for an emotional affair and that has been hard..i would have even forgiven him if it was a short physical affair.. I cant imagine what you are going through..but i would be out the door fast in your case.  That is just demeaning.  Im so sorry.

PrinceMomma486
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I too am in the same shoes...DH claims to not 'remember' a lot but the girl claims the complete opposite. At this point (its been almost 3 years) I really do not care. I'm not sure how long ago you found out, but after a while and the initial shock its time to start rebuilding you first. You need to focus on yourself first before focusing on fixing your marriage...figure out what you really want and whether or not you want to stay. It really doesnt matter what anybody else tells you, because they are not living in your situation. PM me if you need to talk. My situation sent me through hell and back, but I am a much stronger person now and have learned a lot about myself in the process.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM
There are ZERO good reasons to stay after a SEVEN YEAR affair & an illegitimate child. Divorce the douchebag.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashtonsmommy529
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM
:looks around: nope don't see any! Especially not with something like that!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tginn20
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Um I'd be getting checked for STD's and meeting w/ an attorney. Cheating is a deal breaker. Period.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:14 AM

thnaks

Quoting PrinceMomma486:

I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I too am in the same shoes...DH claims to not 'remember' a lot but the girl claims the complete opposite. At this point (its been almost 3 years) I really do not care. I'm not sure how long ago you found out, but after a while and the initial shock its time to start rebuilding you first. You need to focus on yourself first before focusing on fixing your marriage...figure out what you really want and whether or not you want to stay. It really doesnt matter what anybody else tells you, because they are not living in your situation. PM me if you need to talk. My situation sent me through hell and back, but I am a much stronger person now and have learned a lot about myself in the process.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)