Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Upset with DH on fathersday! UPDATE talked to DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 264 Replies
9 moms liked this
We didn't have a whole lot of money for this stuff this year so I wanted to keep it pretty simple.
For mothersday I didn't even get a card, we went out to dinner two days later and it was HIS favorite sportsbar.
It didn't really bother me and I wanted to make him happy on his day today.
I got him some new steel toed work boots, an iTunes gift card, a card and some lingerie for me, I thought he would be excited and happy.
When he opened his gift, he looks at the work boots (his old one have holes in them and hurt his feet, I thought he'd be happy to have new ones) and said "huh, new shoes..."
He did say that he liked the iTunes gift card, when he saw the lingerie he said "wow, somebody sure spent a lot of money on herself".......
I don't know why but that hurt, it was supposed to be a surprise for him..
But those coments just really got to me..
I wanted to make his day special and good and now I don't even want to look at him.
I know I'm being oversensitive but I honestly can not explain why him saying that hurt so much...

UPDATE wow, I was not expecting this many responses! No way can I asnwer all of them so ill do a quick summary here.

So DH asked me why I was so upset and I finally told him.
He said he loves the boots and appreciates the fact that I thought of something he needs.
He said that he wasn't thinking about the lingerie thing and that it wasn't how he meant it. He assured me he loves every piece of his gift.
I did not bring up mothersday, but he did.
"I wish I would have done more for you on mothersday..."
That's right, feel bad! Lol.

Anyways, he took ME out to dinner last night, when we got home he said he had to run out real quick and came back with a new cell phone case and a flower bouquet for me.

It was very nice and it kind of made it a day for the both of us.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:51 AM
17 moms liked this

That sucks, I'm sorry. If I got lingerie for myself on father's day dh would have known it was really for him. I understand why you're hurt, you tried to do something nice and he blew it off. I mean, if you had only gotten the lingerie, maybe I could understand that comment (but probably not even then) but you got him something for work (that he needs) and something for fun, it seemed like you put so much thought into it, so I can understand being disappointed with his reaction. ((hugs)) hope your day gets better...

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM
23 moms liked this

He sounds like an ass.

why dont you explain this to him, men are sometimes dense and dont see things as females do

she_walk_softly
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
33 moms liked this
Yea... I would bitch at him for an extra surprise gift.Lol poor guy almost got some good sex tonight before he opened his mouth.Men are so...I don't know,dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Thank you. I really did put a lot of thought into it.
He was trying to play it off and said "maybe tonight when the kids are sleeping we can try out the new lingerie"
He knows I got upset and he's trying to make it better..

Quoting boshs1andonly:

That sucks, I'm sorry. If I got lingerie for myself on father's day dh would have known it was really for him. I understand why you're hurt, you tried to do something nice and he blew it off. I mean, if you had only gotten the lingerie, maybe I could understand that comment (but probably not even then) but you got him something for work (that he needs) and something for fun, it seemed like you put so much thought into it, so I can understand being disappointed with his reaction. ((hugs)) hope your day gets better...

Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

you got lingerie for yourself ? 

Men don't particularly care about the ' wrapping' of sex ..just that they get it lol. 

I would just wait a bit and then go talk to him about it and ask what was wrong with the idea.

hopefully he is communicative with you 

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
3 moms liked this

Doh!

My husband would have been doing back flips if I got some sexy lingerie to wear. 

He'll appreciate it more when you have the candles lit and are wearing it ;)

Tea4Tas
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
5 moms liked this

Tell him the lingerie is really just the wrapping  for another one of his gifts...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I will once I feel a little better.
If I do now I will cry lol. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep.

Quoting mommy_me:

He sounds like an ass.

why dont you explain this to him, men are sometimes dense and dont see things as females do

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM
2 moms liked this
That made me lol

Quoting she_walk_softly:

Yea... I would bitch at him for an extra surprise gift.Lol poor guy almost got some good sex tonight before he opened his mouth.Men are so...I don't know,dumb.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM
33 moms liked this
I'd say yep, I'm going to the grocery store in it. Do you think it will look trashy with these shoes..or should I wear these?
;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)