Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Pantry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
I finally ran out everything in my house other than 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese, so I had to do it... I went to the food pantry. I've been jobless for a week &a half.. I don't receive PA other than medical insurance for my children.. I do start college in August, and will be receiving my grant soon. My transmission went out in my vehicle, so me and my 2 children walked to the food pantry.. That wasn't very fun... So there's my confession.. I had to go to a food pantry, I had no choice.. Please no bashing.. My children needed food. I'm not a bad mom. This is just a rocky time. It will get better.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Hopefully things get better soon.

talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this
It will absolutely unquestionably and without doubt get better!!

You can't have rainbows without a little rain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rec104
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I been there--it does get better ! What are you going to school for ? 

Kandiface
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
It will get better! You have the right attitude. :) where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
autumn_sunset
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope things get better for you very soon. And doing things you don't want to & swallowing your pride makes you a not crappy mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Thank you! I stay positive for my girls! They won't have a good life if I don't set a good example! I live in Malvern, Arkansas.

Quoting Kandiface:

It will get better! You have the right attitude. :) where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
((Hugs)) glad u got the help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I think it will. I recently lost my job and it's time to open the next chapter in my life, for my girls. College is key in this world. I'm smart, I just put it off for my oldest daughter. Got pregnant at 17, immediately started working full time. It's been all about them. But now their 5 (Starting kindergarten in August) & 4 (in pre-K). It's time to worry about me as well. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hopefully things get better soon.

notjustamomee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

No bashing here as i've been there myself a time or two.

Kandiface
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Good! It's refreshing to see someone with a good attitude while going through something difficult. I'm in Georgia. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you! I stay positive for my girls! They won't have a good life if I don't set a good example! I live in Malvern, Arkansas.

Quoting Kandiface:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured