Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate pets

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I really don't understand the appeal. I went to a relatives how recently and they had like 20 dogs, 15 cats, 10 birds, and god knows what else. It was so stressful.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
mels712
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM

that sounds more like a zoo but personally I love my pets if you dont then dont get any its simple

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:23 AM

He was an adorable Yorky....Yorkshire Terrier. I had him almost 18 years. He died in 2005.

I waited until 2007 and got a Shih Tzu. I never bonded with that dog. The kids love her but she lives with my DD now. She was stolen at one point but we got her back. I feel bad that I can't love her like I loved Logi (Logan).

I am not even going to try again........I still cry over Logi...especially when I seen another Yorky :(

Quoting AnnaHuney:

I'm so sorry.  I dont know what kind of pet Logi was, but I know I felt that way when I lost my old dog Keegan, my BFF.  That was back in 2005.  I have another dog, who I couldnt bond with because I didnt feel the connection with her that I had with Keegan.  Then about 3 months ago we added another, my pup Briar, who is my new BFF.  Hes so much like Keegan.  Since then I've been able to over come those feelings, and now BOTH dogs are my BFFs.  If you're able to love an animal the way you seem to have loved Logi, than you will in time be able to love another.  It took me 7 years, but my life is enriched because of it.  : )  So very sorry for the loss of Logi.

Quoting Sassy762:

I don't hate pets but since I lost my "Logi" a few years ago, I feel like I will never ever love another pet the way I loved him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I only noticed two made to stay outside. 

Quoting rphardwick:

I love dogs and 20 of em would piss me off too. Unless they have a shelter of some kind they are just odd. Not all are in the house are they?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

That's not having pets...that's animal hoarding and it's a psychological problem...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:28 AM

And I won't. I usually don't mind friends pets when I visit but this was ridiculous.

Quoting mels712:

that sounds more like a zoo but personally I love my pets if you dont then dont get any its simple

rphardwick
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Yuck , I bet their home smelled just lovely!

Quoting Anonymous:

I only noticed two made to stay outside. 

Quoting rphardwick:

I love dogs and 20 of em would piss me off too. Unless they have a shelter of some kind they are just odd. Not all are in the house are they?

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM
I don't care for dogs much but I love my kitties. My fish are lucky I remember to feed them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I agree. They do take care of their animals (for now) but it's too much.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's not having pets...that's animal hoarding and it's a psychological problem...

hollydaze1974
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Yes, that many would be stressful especially the birds...borderline hoarding actually.
But I do understand the appeal, but you either have the heart for them or you don't. Everyone has a different groove.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM
2 moms liked this
I couldn't agree more! Same here. Although I don't mind cats. They take care of themselves. Don't need attention. Can leave them home and be gone for days. Better than a dreaded dog. Ugh.

Quoting Joels-My-Love:

I love wild and zoo animals tho lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN