Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got denied disability so I got a lawyer

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Replies (131-135):
tennisgal
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Just an fyi, unless you are missing a head or something, most people get denied their first time around. I worked for Social Security for 5yrs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I really believe it takes getting an attorney to get aproved I wish you all the luck, it can be a very hard process. I gave up after my 2nd appeal even though I am waiting on a kidney and cant walk very well either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM
I feel so sorry for your children ,hopefully they can have a normal life as adults living in a mess like that
gemikris82
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel so sorry for your children ,hopefully they can have a normal life as adults living in a mess like that

once her medication gets straightened out she'll do better i think thats why shes lying around and cant get out of the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

enjoy trying to live on 800ish a month SMH why would anyone want to be on disability FIX YOURSELF

OMFG, how ignoraant you are! 

I worked for 25+ years, I worked as long as I could possibly work before my disability got the best of me and I was no longer able to work.  That's what it's there for, and what you get per month is determined by how long you worked and how much you made.  I get $2000/month.  I worked long and hard and my disbility just can't be *fixed*. 

Really, some people need to educate themselves before posting. 

And btw to all those saying this.... NO, you do NOT need a lawyer!  Not everyone gets denied the first time and not everyone who gets denied and hires a lawyer will eventually be awarded disability.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN