Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im a little bummed i cant have the birth i want!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Because of the insurance i have. I have found plenty of midwives but none that deliver at a birthing center and not a hospital. I love my midwife but i dont want to be in a hospital and i cry every night because i have had 2 csections and being in a hospital scares me. But because of my PPO plan i cant find a birthing center.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Could you travel a little away from home to find one? Maybe there's one a little farther away from the radius you're looking in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM

can she write your Birth plan and help you and be your doula at the hospital? How much does she charge? Can you ask her to do a payment plan?

circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Does the hospital have a birthing center type room? Some do. I have homebirths. It would be cheaper to go to a hospital because my insurance would pay for it but I would rather make payments out of pocket to my homebirth midwife. She charges 2,500, my insurance will pay absolutely none of it, but I don't care, it's well worth it.

BethanyJ
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Midwives often cost far less out of pocket than an OB...is that an option for you? Perhaps you could arrange some kind of payment plan? Midwives are sometimes more apt to work around payment issues as well.  Good luck, I hope you get everything you want.  I agree that having a doula and a birth plan would be good. If your insurance covers it, try a certified baby friendly hospital.  I had to have my last baby in a hospital due to health issues, and will be having another hospital birth next month.  My first two were born with midwives in a free standing birth center.  I was very wary of the hospital birth at first, but I picked a very good OB who worked in a baby-friendly, rooming-in, pro breastfeeding hospital.  Things went very well, so well in fact that I'm too nervous about going back (though I do have some nerves...after all, it IS a hospital).

Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm surprised you found a midwife willing to deliver you after 2 csections. That's great. I'm sorry you can't find a birth center.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM
My insurance won't pay if I go past 20 miles of my house.

Quoting Kaybean:

Could you travel a little away from home to find one? Maybe there's one a little farther away from the radius you're looking in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM
My insurance doesn't pay for doulas.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

can she write your Birth plan and help you and be your doula at the hospital? How much does she charge? Can you ask her to do a payment plan?

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

How far along are you? Can you pay her?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

tennisgal
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Sorry, I know that can be disheartening.

I had a midwife with Baby#3 in a hospital and it was perfect. I told the nurses when I got there what I wanted (to be left alone essentially). I told my midwife I didn't want an audience. It was her, DH, and one nurse. I labored at home and ran errands all day and came in in time for the work part of it. It was perfect. 

tennisgal
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

The ones in my area are not unreasonable at all. Have you checked? Do you have a natural birthing mommy friend that would understand your needs and be able to support you??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)